The East Coast Rolling Thunder Morns the loss of one of our founding members.
I regret to announce that Leland Jachobson a/k/a Captain Jake passed away Sunday, May 6, 2007 at the age of 67.
Captain Jake is best known here for his outlandish 5.4L Supercharged Thunderbird.
- Born Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1940
- 1955 MC only drivers License
- 1956 Chauffeurs license
- 1966 Unrestricted drivers license
- 1958, West High school grad 1958.
- 1963 Graduated USMMA, Kings Point NY.
- 1971 Moved to Twin Cities, involved in trucking and warehouse activity.
- 1977 Moved to Chicago area.
- 1978 Registered as a corporate controlled drug agent. Involved in regulatory compliance and distribution of drugs.
- 1980 Resumed seagoing activities.
- 1982 Known as Crazy Jake at Jacksonville waterfront.
- 1988 Moved to Florida.
- 1991 Captain of two seagoing vessels during Desert Storm, Desert Shield and Desert Sortie.
- 1992 Returned to Puerto Rico at the reduced rank of 3rd Mate.
- 1998 Retired. Started building cars and boats... and writing blogs...
We miss you Jake! Our sympathy goes out to your wife and daughter.