birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Annuder 90 Ford 35th Anny SC update...  (Read 2171 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Annuder 90 Ford 35th Anny SC update...
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 10:05:08 PM »
The fan motor came in yesterday.  Thinking it was going to be easy I did not pull the old motor.  I was wrong.

The bolts form the motor cam off easily as did the fan blade clip.  But the motor did not want to pull out of the fan.  I practically took apart the motor.  Evan hack sawed off the tip.  I was able to separate the fan and motor from the shroud.  But the motor and fan were not going to come apart.

So I called Jeff, he said Ford fan motor shafts like to rust to the fan.  He recommended soaking it in WD40.  He said spray the shaft then soak a rag in WD40 and put it on top.  I did even more.  I soaked the area of interest, soaked the paper towel the sprayed on top of the towel at the area of interest and placed the can on top dead center of the shaft.  I repeated this 3-4 times.

Then I picked up a brass mallet at work and made a 7" square ID 2x4 wood box with two screws on each end.  The next day I placed the fan in this box on a work bench and used the hammer and center punch combination.  The assembly came apart with east!  Right on Jeff!!!  :afto2: :afto2:

So now the fan is in the SC, a new 50/50 mix of radiator fluid installed and the battery and ground are complete.

I started up the car and she ran good, but the vacuum was at 10 in Hg.  Idle was good and as :curley: recommended I sprayed starter fluid around and found a vacuum leak that I fixed later.  Other than a rattle sound she is running much better than before...  I will start her up again tomorrow and see if I fixed the last vacuum leak.
 :wish:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Update on the 35th Thunderbird Supercoupe
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »
Well intercooler gaskets are replaced.  I fixed the windshield wipers.  Fixed the defroster.  Fixed the VMM.  Installed new bulbs in the manual ac controller. Replaced the fan motor just to be safe.  Found out that the ICRM is damaged.  I have a new one coming.  Fixed door ajar light by replacing switch on door.  Found the rubber for the switches at a Ford dealer.  Interior lights still not working, discovered my interior light actuator was missing so I have a used one coming.  Plan to install a new VSS this weekend.  Running out of mechanical and electrical stuff fast.  Noticed two of my dash lights are unplugged.  Will check this weekend.  May start body work next month.    :lunie:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 01:55:20 PM »
Replace the ICRM, the AC did not go on at all.  So I took it apart, cleaned up the heat sink, applied heat sink compound and reassembled.  The AC goes on at first then gets warm.  Looks like all I need now is more freon and stop leak.  :afto2:

While I was at it put the stock MAF back on.  She now runs better.  The engine sputter is gone.  Must has been wrong injector size on the MAF.  :clap:

I took the horn switch out.  Cleaned up the contacts.  Bent it back in shape, reassembled and it works great.   O0

To do list:
1.  Vacuum leak.
2.  VSS - Should fix speedo & odometer.
3.  Interior light actuator (in the mail) - Check the lights.
4. Mirrors used to work now do not.  I will wait to see if the lighted door key way works before I go there and take the door apart.
5.  Charge AC.
6.  Minor stuff...  Body work.  By the way I have two front fenders...  Traded with :freddie: for a ABS unit.
 :pilot:

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
Re: Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe Buyer's Guide
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »
GAVE :miller: 2 WHITE FENDERS  8) WITH SIDE LIGHTS :'(  + A SUPPORT BAR FOR STRUTS  :flex:  THE LIGHTS ARE NO GOOD WITHOUT THE FENDER CUTOUTS  :doh:  :afit:  SORRY :hide:  SELL THEM FOR 15.00 SHIPPED ON THE SCCOA SITE  :bow1: :king: :pilot: USE MONEY TO PAY FOR SITE WEB PAGE :clap: :clap: :clap: :boom: :boom: :boom: :mexiw: :catn: :thanks: :nos: :flush:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 08:31:43 PM »
I can't, I do not have seller paypal abilities.  Besides, I gave you an 90 SC ABS for it.    :embr:  Clean up the ABS, check it out...

I just found why my ABS did not work!  The 10 amp fuse under the dash for the motor was bad.  It was not blown, just corroded enough not to allow power to transfer from one side to the other.  Hummm...  Maybe that ABS unit works???  Try cleaning it and jumping the motor.   :wish: