birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Philadelphia’s Michael Vick to beat out Tom Brady for MVP?  (Read 1518 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Philadelphia’s Michael Vick to beat out Tom Brady for MVP?
« on: December 26, 2010, 04:22:07 PM »
According to the NY Times, Vic has their vote!

"my choice is Vick"  -  Maybe Brady has a few rings but he is the past, "It would be infinitely easier for Vick to adjust and play more like Brady than it would for Brady to adjust and be more like Vick."  move aside for here comes Vick!

"Vick is on the ground, throwing, running, throwing on the run, taking several hard shots a game as a matter of course. Defensive players who even think about putting hits on Brady will be flagged — and financially flogged — by the N.F.L."  This is why Vick has 3 of the top 10 NFL t-shirt sales this Christmas.

:king:

The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most don’t think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Philadelphia’s Michael VIck to Beat Out Tom Brady For Mvp?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:38:16 PM »
Obama calls Lurie about Vick, Eagles' energy plans and maybe even to cast his MVP vote?

sually, the President doesn’t call a pro sports team owner unless that team wins a championship.

President Obama made an exception recently.

Obama called Eagles owner Jeff Lurie to praise him for signing Michael Vick after he was released from prison and also for the Eagles’ recently unveiled plan to power Lincoln Financial Field with a variety of alternative energy programs.

“The president wanted to talk about two things, but the first was Michael,’’ Lurie told Peter King, who wrote of the conversation for SI.com. “He said, ‘So many people who serve time never get a fair second chance. He was ... passionate about it. He said it’s never a level playing field for prisoners when they get out of jail. And he was happy that we did something on such a national stage that showed our faith in giving someone a second chance after such a major downfall.’

“He’s a real football fan. He loves his Bears. He really follows it. He knew how Michael was doing. It was really interesting to hear.”

Lurie said Obama also praised the Eagles for their plan to use wind turbines, solar panels and a not-yet-built biodiesel plant to generate power for the team’s stadium. The Eagles are the first major professional sports team to announce such a plan.

"It's good business for us, which is the point,'' Lurie told King. "We talked about policy and what he hopes can happen with alternative energy, and he raved about us being the first to put a plan like this in place.''

E-mail Reuben :MrT: at comcastsportsnet.com

PS: He forgot to mention the nuclear reactor under the field!  :joys:

The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »
The fare weather eagles what with cancelling a game due to snow last i remembered football has always been play in inclement weather the only thing that should stop a game is lighting other wise the game goes on. I guess roger goodell never heard the show must go on. As for mr vick there is still time for voting and it is early. Lets see how he dose in the playoffs.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 07:19:27 PM »
The governor of pa rendell stated with impunity that the reason the nfl canceled the game was because america has grown soft.  I say that is because attorneys were allowed to advertise in the 80's.  He says that the game should be played in any weather.  The eagles agree but the nfl is afraid of being sued...   :'(

vic is will of the eagles as long he is healthy he will go far!
 :flex:

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 05:40:51 PM »
Well your governor was right the only thing this did was to set a precedence for the future that cant be good for football. The eagles by not winning has screwed up the hole nfc playoff picture and didn't help them selves by no means. Oh by the way as for the health of the eagles and mv your right it's only as good as vic preforms and last night they stunk i will admit that vic did get hurt the first play of the game and i don't think he was healthy. As for mvp i don't think vic has a chance but thats only my opinion between qb's as for mvp i have to agree that i don't think the award is fair because most of the mvp's are qb's and there are many other players that should be conceded.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:50:40 PM by rjstat »
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 06:58:49 PM »
He had the limp after then Giants game. :meeting:

Hopefully he will loose it in time to take on Brady in the Pro Bowl.
 :hide:

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 10:04:02 PM »
well the boo birds are at their best!!! :pilot:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »
he had the limp after then giants game. :meeting:

hopefully he will loose it in time to take on brady in the pro bowl.
 :hide:
if you think that if anyone who has been voted to the pro bowl and is going to play in the super bowl  the next week is really going to play your crazy. They many start but not for long.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 10:20:53 AM »
well the boo birds are at their best!!! :pilot:
i must say :freddie: philly has the best booo birds
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

FASTFREDDIE

• Nascar
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »
Me thinks they will be the boo hoo birds :doh: :afit: :naww: :help: :embr: :pilot:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 10:43:12 AM »
It will be interesting to see if Vick from the eagles and tom from the boston yankies meet in the probowl or superbowl?
 :-[

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Re: Philadelphia’s Michael Vick to beat out Tom Brady for MVP?
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
I would not worry about the Pat's just yet. The Eagles have to go threw the Packers and in the condition the Eagles are in now I think they have a problem beating the Packers. If the Eagles do get by Green Bay they still have to play Atlanta. The road to the Super Bowl is not an easy one anything can happen along the way. That is why the players must put it all out on the field one game at a time. Oh by the way Bill has found the recipe for the kool-aide from Super Bowl XXXIX oh ya thats the game that McNabb yakked.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

FASTFREDDIE

• Nascar
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 12:23:32 PM »
 VICK VOTED FOR HISSELF  HOW HUMBLE :flex:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 10:59:07 PM »
Well :moe: what happen the soring Eagles crashed landed today. I must say it was a good game and they where in it till Akers missed the field goal. It was over when Vick rolled his ankle and was hobbling around the field. Well the Pats will now take on there division foe the Jets and you no that sexy Rexy will put his foot in his mouth with some stupid bulletin board material. The Pats will be in Foxborough tomorrow morning reviewing flim and getting ready to do battle with the Jets.

Go Patriots    Beat the Jet
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 06:59:29 PM »
What's this I hear Tom Brady is a punk?  Tell me it is not so???   :-X