birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: TCCOA does it again  (Read 2138 times)

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
TCCOA does it again
« on: February 19, 2007, 02:18:01 AM »
94ONAIR anytime you would like to join our club your welcome. But Darrin is in this one also so here is the link http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=96149
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Darrin

• Match Box
Re: TCCOA does it again
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 08:12:14 AM »
Yes I am in that one. LOL

I thanked him for bringing his experience and information. I said that it was new information and that we had somethign new to work with for now.

I saw the complaints from people about the title and came in to say that it is good to be wrong because we can learn from it and I said that I don't doubt what he said at all.

I appreciate new information, but like I said, before I go repeating it I confirm it.

For the record, I think he is probably right.

Darrin

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
:ralph: send him a PM.  We could use a guy with a masters in Journalism to keep :jake: and :freddie: on their toes!!!  Who knows they may be able to read the funnies after a few short lessons...   Heck, :miller: could always use some too... :D
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

94onair

• Match Box
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 11:08:50 PM »
hey guys thanx for the invite.  I really want to thank you all for having me.  I'm not a trouble maker and all I did was tell most of those guys who thought they were right that they were wrong.  No biggie.  Well you know the outcome.  Everything over there is super political and I just call them on it and see what happens.  Ohh well, glad to be aboard over here.

94onair

• Match Box
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 11:13:38 PM »
BTW-  Look at Darrin's first reply.  He simply admited he was wrong and that was cool.  Well everyone else with their huge egos couldn't do that.  I started the thread to inform and then everyone went on the attack. 

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 11:22:52 PM »
We no of Darrin very well over here J.:miller: and him have had there differences but they have come to terms. I posted this thread because when I read his responce I had the thought he was coming back at you. I don't no why he is a Moderator I think he is to quick on the draw if you ask me.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 02:23:11 AM »
hey guys thanx for the invite.  I really want to thank you all for having me.  I'm not a trouble maker and all I did was tell most of those guys who thought they were right that they were wrong.  No biggie.  Well you know the outcome.  Everything over there is super political and I just call them on it and see what happens.  Ohh well, glad to be aboard over here.

:D  WELCOME!!!!  :D

I only read part of that thread and I do not believe you are trouble.  I hope you do not consider some of us the same...  :o

If you have something to say here go and say it.  If you want to pick on us for the fun of it go ahead.  If you need some car help ask and we will do our best to assist.  If we screw up we will laugh about it...  It is late and I jumped on the computer to take a note for work...  I apologize if I am not too comprehensible at such a later hour...  I hope you enjoy your visit here!!   O0 :) O0
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 09:51:09 AM »
Welcome. 8). I come in peace. ::)...It would be best tho' if everyone avoid referring to he who certain of us are enjoined from referring to under the Treaty of Versailles, 2007 version , rev. 1.0, LOL...Lest certain of us forget ourselves and join in that conversation  ::).
Usually this place is quiet , slow, and not too much political stuff. The fact that its a more open site with a more permissive attitude (anarchy) makes things more interesting. you post it, it will most likely stay up, and if its wrong the lumps are yours to take, but the thing is ,Its Actually a very even playing field, not really biased like most others.......Yup , there were a few "intermissions"  taken the last little dust up, but nobody actually banned, and the thread finnally locked up only by mutual agreement... Actually I think history may have been made there , but you Hadda be here to actually see it. Anyhow, you seem to think outside the box , and I for one think thats great .
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

Darrin

• Match Box
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »
We no of Darrin very well over here J.:moe: and him have had there differences but they have come to terms. I posted this thread because when I read his responce I had the thought he was coming back at you. I don't no why he is a Moderator I think he is to quick on the draw if you ask me.

Man, I just don't want to start a fight and you are welcome to your opinion, but why do you say that about me? What made you form negative opinions about me enough to make you want to share them with others? What have I honestly done to deserve it?

Have I ever done anything to you? Have I ever had bad things to say about you? Do you know me at all? Do you honestly know why I do the things I do? What have you seen me do on TCCoA that tells you that I should not be a moderator over there? (I actually resigned yesterday but that is being completely ignored it seems. If they want me to stay then I guess I will) If you have seen me act in ways that you interpret as inappropriate, do you positively know all of the circumstances behind why I did that even? Can you see the discussions that go on in the moderators forums or the complaints that are filed against people or the PM's and emails that we moderators get to provide us with basis for things that people don't want to throw out in public to start even more of a fight over? I never do anything without solid evidence. It woudl often inappropriate to discuss that evidence in public. If we put it into an "open court" then it turns into the Springer show.

IF you are only basing your opinions off of the recent uproar, then that issue is over and resolved. Wiped from the books then, now and future as far as I am concerned. I will not talk about it. Period. The parties involved are satisfied and that is all that matters.

I ask you to please go do a search on me over at TCCoA, which is the only board on which I am a moderator, and show me what I have done wrong or how I have acted inappropriately in that capacity. Again, the recent issues were personal and disallowed for discussion. That was one instance with one individual. You are questioning my capacity in general, so I ask that if you want to talk about this that you to show me reasons in general.

Again, and I will say this several times to make it very clear, I am not wanting to argue with you. You are entitled to your opinion. My concern is that you are sharing that opinion so I think needs a little explanation. If you don't want to do that then its fine by me, but I would sure like to talk about it because I don't think its a fair assessment. That is my opinion.

I know that people that have never had the responsibility of being a moderator probably don't understand and thats ok. Again, I am not arguing about it. I just want you to fairly think about it. There are also people that have been moderators and are not now for whatever reason. Usually they leave because its hard to do and some people just can't take it. I made that decision to leave yesterday based only on people sharing opinions like yours. I don't want to be thought of like that. In the mean time I have heard far more opinion in the other direction and that honestly makes me feel pretty good. The most meaningful is from people that I have had issues with in the past.

I don't mind if you pick on me in fun. I never have. You can call me gay or make fun of my hair or weight or size or manliness or any of a number of things. That doesn't matter. What you are talking about now is not in fun. Its not superficial. You are saying things about who I am when you have never met me and don't know me at all to know who I am.

In my opinion, the most important thing to remember when you are reading someone elses words on the internet is that there is only one attitude in the room and it isn't the person that wrote the words. If someone uses words that can be interpreted in many ways that always has to be taken into account.

Justifying an opinionated post by saying I thought he was doing this, that or the other, which are obvious assumptions that can obviously be mistaken by definition, and then immediately following it up with more biased and un substantiated opinon shows exactly what I am saying. In this case an assumption was made that was mistaken based on an attitude that was not mine. The person that I was actually talking to didn't see things that way at all and he just expressed that for everyone to see. Doesn't that say something right there?

I had to step back into that thread because I thought it was being moderated by someone else and things were getting carried away past what I am going to tolerate.

Thanks 94onair. I am glad to see that you got what I said and I am sorry that your thread got out of line. The only suggestion that I have to you on how that could have been prevented on your behalf was that the original title of the thread was kind of harsh. It invited problems like that even though you probably didn't mean for that to happen. Then you made that godawful mistake of defending yourself. Somehow on the internet this is the worst crime imaginable. LOL

Take care
Darrin

Hey Salty, we can talk and speak to each other. I was invited to stay and I appreciate that. The complete separation was taken out and I think we can all be friends now again. At least I hope so. But even in the event of that not being able to be the case, I solemnly swear to not speak badly of either of you. Working this out has created some respect on my part for the others involved. I don't even care if you poke fun at me. I just ask that it honestly be in fun and nothing more. LOL

You know that I am VERY touchy about my honor. It is who I am. That is off limits no matter what. leave that one alone and all is happy.  O0

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 03:20:18 PM »
You will note, I wuz trying to keep the peace :)... however,RJ speaks for RJ, and thats also his priviledge, as this site is a lot more open than many others. dissention,opinions, and protest are things no one can rule away... sorry about that.
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

Darrin

• Match Box
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »
Heck, I don't want anything ruled away. Never have. It isn't my style. I very much prefer to leave everything out in the open for everyone to see. I always thought if someone said it then it needs to be left there unless its simply obscene. The only reason I like the edit function is for typos or to add something or straighten out something that wasn't worded correctly. To add clarity really.

I just prefer for people to have good solid and factual reasons for their opinions if they care to share them in any fashion that can influence other people who really don't have a basis to form their own opinion yet. I think they should be able to stand up for their opinions in an honest and respectful fashion when they are questioned on them. I respect that and I offer exactly the same in return.

I don't mind at all when people have different opinions than I do either. I just like for them to have reasons that we can discuss and that they can back up with some sort of tangible information. Most of the time the people with different beliefs than mine are the most interesting to me and I love it when we can discuss things open mindedly. I hate it when people get all defensive when you ask them why they think something in a very civil way or ask them to explain to you why they believe what they do.

I mean, it should be pretty simple, right? No need for an argument, its just a question. Just talk about it and explain why you think what you think. Give some examples that show why you formed this opinion.

I think that its only fair that if you feel you should share your opinion then you should also be able to explain why you feel that way in a reasonable and friendly way if and when someone asks you why you think that.

Try that with me sometime and I will show you that I am always more than happy to oblige. I love a good discussion.

Darrin

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 06:53:39 PM »
This is getting a little bit off topic here!   :offt:  If you want PM me, I will split the topic?  I wholeheartedly and sincerely recommend at the bowls of my belly that you wait a few more days for that discussion.  :catn:  I only ask that if it does occur to be allowed to voice my opinions on who should be a moderator and the limitations that should be forced upon said moderators.  Keeping in mind that I refer not to one person specifically...  Being a bunch of haters of Moderators in general (present company excluded)  ;) we have elected not to have them at this site.  I refer you to our By Laws...
 :thanks:

Now getting back on topic!!!   ::jake::
This afternoon I read that thread.  Or shall I say skimmed through it as some of the content was not too palatable for my taste buds...  :eatar:

I will like to point out that present company is NOT the moderator on this thread and should be left blameless in that respect  :gdpst:

In the linked thread I see is a guy making a comment being right or wrong and quickly Chumming the waters...

The smaller sharks took a few nibbles...

You defended yourself.  The post was  :censor: and every now and then a bigger shark took a nibble...

Things did not look bleak until my personal favorite K-hammerheaD shark showed up...

No this is one tuff shark!!  He is my biggest fan!!!  Look at his avatar?  He has a picture of Sara's NICE body with Howdy Doody's head.   :-* But no no...  that is not all!!   He is sporting my favorite logo:  MIAFD!!  Allow me to explain what that means:  M-iller is a Fabulous Dude!!!

So do not mess with the K-hammerheaD for he is one fearsome shark...  ^-^

Alas the feeding frenzy got carried away...

You were most likely censored due to a great comeback...  It is a shame that a guy with your talents was left only to utter a few words...  It is a shame that you ventured into the shark infested waters without a shark suit.   :o

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 11:13:10 PM »
This is getting a little bit off topic here!   :offt: 

No this is one tuff shark!!  He is my biggest fan!!!  Look at his avatar?  He has a picture of Sara's NICE body with Howdy Doody's head.   :-* But no no...  that is not all!!   He is sporting my favorite logo:  MIAFD!!  Allow me to explain what that means:  M-iller is a Fabulous Dude!!!

So do not mess with the K-hammerheaD for he is one fearsome shark...  ^-^

Alas the feeding frenzy got carried away...

That avatar brings up a special concern; women, ..... being gentle men , hopefully, we need to establish the concept that they should in no way be disparaged mocked humiliated or treated with anything but utmost respect. If a female on this site gets too, tooo.... and irritates someone , the gentleman in question should have only two options, either ignore her or go someplace else. That avatar is one particularly low tactic to use  against the fairer sex that I find extremely reprehensible...its sufficiently offensive to me that I dont wanna talk about that anymore >:(
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

94onair

• Match Box
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 11:14:37 PM »
The reason I titled the thread that over there was because MIKE "porkchop" finished his swap and titled his "screw you tccoa" and talked about how the advice was wrong on getting past certain issues.  So that's where I got it from.  

Darrin

• Match Box
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 11:34:29 PM »
Ah, see, I didn't see the other thread. Until now.

But you have to see the difference. He blatantly overused smileys and turned a positive spin in his wording which was actually on a positive subject that he was very happy about. He then went on to say that he couldn't have done it without the help and information from the site.

Yours kinda wasn't like that.

Did you see the movie Wedding Crashers? If so, do you remember when the amazing Rachel McAdams got up to give her "toast" at her sisters wedding? She meant well but missed the way her comments would be taken by a long shot. The truth in it was funny to her, but to everyone else it wasn't funny at all, it was actually insulting.

Thats pretty much what happened with your thread. You might have thought you were being funny, but the rest of the crowd viewed it very differently.

Darrin