It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: 4G Alternator Install in a 1996, 1997 Thunderbird or Cougar  (Read 2637 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
4G Alternator Install in a 1996, 1997 Thunderbird or Cougar
« on: August 11, 2008, 06:22:46 AM »
Many of you have heard the rep of the stock alternator in a MN12.  When it goes they say you should buy a Ford reman alternator and cross your fingers.  Then you still have have to exchange it a few times.  Face it, the stock alternator leaves something to desire.  There is a better solution.  Upgrade to the 4G alternator.

The 4G is an improvement over the stock alternator.  Not only does it last longer but it is designed to handle higher RPM's.  A must for any beefed up MN12!

To use a PI 4G alternator from a 1996 - 2002 DOHC Cobra / Bullitt stang on a 1994-1997 MN12 all you have to do is remove the center wire from your three(3) pin harness connector.

They save some space for the larger bullitt intake.  Furthermore they are more reliable than the stock 4.6L alternator since they are designed to handle higher RPM's.  In all honesty I was sick and tired of replacing my stock alternator every other year...

I purchased mine at PA Performance.
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM