It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Holman Ford this Sunday in Mt Laurel  (Read 2313 times)

Bob Kinee

• Slot Car
    • Tri-State Thunderbird and Cougar Club
Re: Holman Ford this Sunday in Mt Laurel
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »
Well thats your opinion on how things should get done.  I still voted for your car because I felt it was the most deserving regardless.

Bob Kinee

• Slot Car
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 03:20:09 PM »
Well I guess that the Mark is just not trophy quality then...but i still love my car and think that it looks great imho.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 06:06:02 PM »
Any car that fits in the class deserves a trophy.  If there are not other cars in the class, the car deserves to win.  FF does it all the time.  Cudos to Bob for picking the best class and/ or selecting the best car to show.  I say he deserves First Place!   :first:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

Bob Kinee

• Slot Car
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 06:36:31 PM »
I was actually forced into that class, lol.  I was in the stock class and so many cars were entering that class(like fully restored cars and a Starsky & Hutch signed Torino) that the people running the show told me either to back up behind their cars or they would move me to modified, lol.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 09:30:17 PM »
A good move indeed.  Congraduations.   :first:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

KevSha

• Slot Car
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »
Well thats your opinion on how things should get done.  I still voted for your car because I felt it was the most deserving regardless.

ok, i mean you voted to what you think was the best. personally i would have voted for the 79, then brian's TC, then my car or eds. i don't think my car was most deserving by a long shot.

i mean, winning a trophy just for being there is ok i guess, whatever floats your boat. if i were in the postion i wouldn't turn the trophy away... but then again i wouldn't take it for any more than what it is however.

for me it goes back to my youth sports. in Philly there was a youth sports group that broke the kids up into teams. well there was one team, the black one (the color of thier uniforms) always won...ALWAYS. i was one one of the lesser teams. and we got all the "thanks for showing up" trophies. now i play to win. if i get a trophy i want to know i beat someone for it. call it having an ego, but again, just what i think.

again, if i were running a show i wouldn't give them out like candy, i would offer them to the deserving. i'm not making diggs at your car bob, but i would look for the above and beyond. to me, being the only car that showed up is just not that, thats all.

but all that asside, i did get my forst trophy. grante its because the classsic birds didn't show up, but hey, what the heck, i still beat :freddie:  :box: :second:
96 Thunderbird LX 3.8
new head gaskets
daily driver

1990 Thunderbird Soupercoupe
103k miles
black on black

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »

ok, i mean you voted to what you think was the best. personally i would have voted for the 79, then brian's TC, then my car or eds. i don't think my car was most deserving by a long shot.

i mean, winning a trophy just for being there is ok i guess, whatever floats your boat. if i were in the postion i wouldn't turn the trophy away... but then again i wouldn't take it for any more than what it is however.

for me it goes back to my youth sports. in Philly there was a youth sports group that broke the kids up into teams. well there was one team, the black one (the color of thier uniforms) always won...ALWAYS. i was one one of the lesser teams. and we got all the "thanks for showing up" trophies. now i play to win. if i get a trophy i want to know i beat someone for it. call it having an ego, but again, just what i think.

again, if i were running a show i wouldn't give them out like candy, i would offer them to the deserving. i'm not making diggs at your car bob, but i would look for the above and beyond. to me, being the only car that showed up is just not that, thats all.

but all that asside, i did get my forst trophy. grante its because the classsic birds didn't show up, but hey, what the heck, i still beat :curley:  :box: :second:
FEELS GOOD DON'T IT :second:  I DON,T GO TO PEER VOTING :nono:  AS THERE IS NO FAIRNESS IN THEM   >:(  AT JUDGED SHOWS :first:  WITH A REAL JUDGING SHEET  ;D ...NO FAVORS :afto2:   YOUR CAR IS LOOKED AT&  YOU CAN DISSCUSS IT WITH JUDGE :D   :moe: & I WON THE BIGGIST ONE AT UNION NJ    :first: 3FT  :bow1:  BECAUSE WE HAD THE GUY CHECK OUT BOTH CARS   O0 HE WAS IMPRESSED .........OTHERS ARE JUST A WASTE OF TIME  :hide:  IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MOST CLUB MEMBERS THERE   :o  YOU WON'T WIN >:(  TRUE STORY  O0 I KEEP SAYING I WILL QUIT AFTER THE END OF EACH SEASON :pilot:  BECAUSE EVEN IF YOUR CAR IS NICE  :king: IT MUST BE DIFFERENT NEXT TIME AROUND TO GET THE JUDGES EYE  :-X THAT'S WHY I TRY TO GO TO SHOWS :flex:  I HAVE NEVER BEEN AT BEFORE :clap: SEE YA//////
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

Bob Kinee

• Slot Car
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 08:17:27 PM »
Thats why you should go just for the camaraderie :freddie:, not the trophy.  I know the only reason i got a trophy was because I was the only one in my class, and I am not gloating about it, but its nice to have a new piece of plastic and marble to sit and collect dust on my shelf, lol.

I put up a show in Pennsauken on the 28th of this month on the TSTaCC boards and you all should think about coming out for it.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 09:10:33 PM »
Like :freddie: needs another trophy.  I can say this with most certainly that :freddie: is the winningest Thunderbird owner ever to live!  No one can touch him!  He has literally hundreds of them.  The man wins several every month.  His Wife gives them away to the Salvation Army and poor families just so that they will not trip over them on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Cars drive bye his house stop and burn rubber in salute to the few trophies he has in the window.

But I tell you one thing :freddie: goes to many shows (as well as I) that we know we have no chance of winning at just to meet people and have fun.  We are die hards.  We actually plan the shows that we go to months in advance.  We post them her when they get close but rest assured Fredde has a show schedule going on.

So do not worry he is in it for one reason and one reason only to spread the word and love about Thunderbirds.   :king:

FASTFREDDIE

• Nascar
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »
I LIKE TO GO TO SHOW I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO BEFORE  O0 ASYOUR CAR IS NEW TO THEM  :-[ ALSO SHOWS WHERE YOU CAN GO SWIMMING THE HEAT OF THE SUMMER  8) OR DRINK A FEW BREWS :hide:  TO COOL DOWN :doh:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

FASTFREDDIE

• Nascar
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 04:23:51 PM »
IF FACT I HAVE SHOWS AT MY  HOUSE ONCE A WEEK  :king: WHEN I WORK ON THE CARS >:( THE MAILMAN STOPS BY :D  A WOMEN WITH HER SMALL CHILD   O0 MADE HER BRING HIM  :first: EVEN LET HIM SIT IN CAR  ::) MOTORS HEADS DRIVING BY STOP :doh: 2 TODAY :pilot: HAD I LEAVE TO GET AWAY FROM THEM :schh: AS THEY ARE OLDER THAN ME  :afto2: TALKING  ABOUT FLATHEAD FORDS  :'( A OLD HOP UP TRICKS ::) YES  :pilot: WITH ALL MY CARS I COULD OPEN A MUSUEM ... :shift:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 08:30:27 PM »
Did I hear the word BEER?   :alchol: