It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Annuder 90 Ford 35th Anny SC update...  (Read 2234 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Annuder 90 Ford 35th Anny SC update...
« on: November 04, 2008, 08:29:54 PM »
Spoke with Jeff today...

The dash cap is there waiting to be installed.
The heater core and evaporator is installed.
The new carpet came in last week.
The magnaflow resonator is ready to be installed.
The BHJ balancer is installed.
The DIS heat sink is installed.
The brakes are 50% done.
The wheel bearings are 50% installed.
Have the rebilt transmisison and the kevlar band is ready to go in.
FF has half of my double intercooler.

If you have not figured it out I will have 80% of the Thunderroad 300 HP list complete...   :clap:

Oh yea, just a few more weeks and she will be mechanically complete.   O0
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

KevSha

• Slot Car
Re: Update on the 35th Thunderbird Supercoupe
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 02:03:16 PM »
guess were gonna have to race and see who has the beefier SC  :box:
96 Thunderbird LX 3.8
new head gaskets
daily driver

1990 Thunderbird Soupercoupe
103k miles
black on black

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:15:16 AM »
The winter project is comming to an end:

Exhaust 80% installed, magnaflow installed.
Radio replaced, multifunction/ turn signal switch replaced, heater fan replaced, wiper motor replaced.
Interior scrubbed and cleaned.  Including everything under the dash.
Kevlar band installed and Transmission installed.
Rotted out floor fixed patches welded from front firewall all the way to the rear subframe, painted and undercoated.  I will have to do exterior later.
Installed dash cap, dash still needs adjusting.
Brakes done.
Carpet installed.
Wheel bearings installed.

Just about ready to race Kevin!   :flex:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
When do expect to pick the car up for Jeff.  When you do let me no so we can get together.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »
I expect to pick her up May 9th...   :flex:

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:55:03 PM »
She is done this week.  In time for carlisle.   :)

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 11:46:31 PM »
She is done this week.  In time for carlisle.   :)
All most not but it got there at the last minute. :miller: wasn't panicing about it, Ya right did it run well when you drove to Carlisle
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 06:27:36 AM »
Oh, I have stories.  But as they say:  What happens in Carlisle stays in Carlisle.   ^-^  Oh the car...

I did not get on the road until 10:00PM.  It almost did not want to start, when I looked at the fuel gauge it was on empty so I made a dash for the 24Hr gas station that is close to my house and filled her up.

She still wanted to stall so packed her up and started to drive.  Hey, the best way to test a car is to drive it.  I had to keep a foot on the pedal at stop lights.  However, most of the trip was highway milage.  She made it to Carlisle without incident.

On Saturday David Dalke took a 15 second tour and Said:  I need a new TV cable and the supercharger tubes are leaking.  He pointed out that they forgot to install my teflon gaskets and that is why She is idling bad.

Then, after Saturdays nights episode, the SC did not want to start after parking it at carlisle to see if JBB or I won.  I was able to borrow jumper cables and decided to get on the road while the getting was good. She made it all the way to two (2) blocks from my house and dies.  I grabbed the jumpers from the garage and jumped her to get her home.  I checked out the alternator and it was putting out 12 volts.

Now I am doing the 3G swap.  PA-Performance is making a kit to simplify the wiring changes.  I know it is not the latest fad, but I think I will try it.   :flex:

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 10:31:03 AM »
Well at least you did not break down between Carlisle and home I wouldn't like to have to stay in Midway or somewhere else when your less than two hours from home nothing like your own bed.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 08:42:13 PM »
You know I think I am a dare devil.  When I purchased the Cougar I tested it by driving it 100 miles.  This is how I find out what is wrong with my cars.  By dong so I made a list of things ot fix:

1.  Need wiper speed governor from junk yard.
2.  Upgrading alternator to 3G.
3.  New rear view mirror.
4.  New headlight switch.
5.  New defroster switch.
6.  New cigarette lighter switch.
7.  New TC bearing.
8.   Passenger side vent.
9.  Rear drivers side speaker cover.
10. Chrome rear reflectors.
11. Rims needs to be taken to Keystone to get painted.
12.  Body work, least of my worries.  Once I start, give me 1.5 months with non-humid or cold weather and it will be done.
 13.  Add 95 ported blower, tune and 42# injectors.

I think I can do 1-10 this year and part of 12 then rest of 12-13 next year.  >:D

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 08:42:43 PM »
I took the dash apart today, rust proofed it, repaired the switch and pushed in the speedo which seemed loose.  All parts were cleaned electrically with cleaner and files and mechanically scrubbed.  Cap screws were painted and she looks nice.

Installed the TV bushing today along with the C&L MAF which I just noticed had a gold sample tube.

More HP!!!!  Look out :freddie: my SC may take you on!!!

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 07:00:18 AM »
THAT'S IF YOU DON'T BLOW YOUR HG'S >:(  FOOLING AROUND  O0 ^-^ TO MUCH :afit: :naww:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 09:16:34 PM »
I think you are scared of my SC?  Now she was at Carlisle you are afraid of loosing?  :surr:

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Annuder 90 Ford 35th Anny SC update...
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 09:39:51 AM »
I think I screwed up the IC tube gaskets by tightening them too much.  I think I will go with high temp gaskets alone on the tubes.  Besides I do not like how the teflon looks there.

But anyways when I started the car she ran good.  Problem is that when the fan came on she stalled just before I parked here.

Then I went to start her again and dud not want to run.  So I looked at the AC control I noticed it was on (forcing the fan to be running).  So I unplugged the fan and the car ran better.  I ordered new one from AutoZombe.  I came in dented, waiting for another one.  :'(

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Annuder 90 Ford 35th Anny SC update...
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 09:20:16 PM »
This weekend I reinstalled the intercooler tubes.  I am hoping the second time is the charm.  Purchased clips for the intercooler duct, drained the radiator fluid since it was getting conductive, changed the oil to Royal Purple with a RoyalPurple filter. installed a new battery ground cable.  Still waiting for the radiator fan motor.

Apparently Autozone does not know exactly when it will come in.  In the meantime I painted the bolts that hole it and the shroud in so they look new.  I expect to see the fan motor monday or tuesday.  Hopefully, the supercoupe will be road ready in a few more days...   :wish: :first: