The fan motor came in yesterday. Thinking it was going to be easy I did not pull the old motor. I was wrong.
The bolts form the motor cam off easily as did the fan blade clip. But the motor did not want to pull out of the fan. I practically took apart the motor. Evan hack sawed off the tip. I was able to separate the fan and motor from the shroud. But the motor and fan were not going to come apart.
So I called Jeff, he said Ford fan motor shafts like to rust to the fan. He recommended soaking it in WD40. He said spray the shaft then soak a rag in WD40 and put it on top. I did even more. I soaked the area of interest, soaked the paper towel the sprayed on top of the towel at the area of interest and placed the can on top dead center of the shaft. I repeated this 3-4 times.
Then I picked up a brass mallet at work and made a 7" square ID 2x4 wood box with two screws on each end. The next day I placed the fan in this box on a work bench and used the hammer and center punch combination. The assembly came apart with east! Right on Jeff!!!
So now the fan is in the SC, a new 50/50 mix of radiator fluid installed and the battery and ground are complete.
I started up the car and she ran good, but the vacuum was at 10 in Hg. Idle was good and as
recommended I sprayed starter fluid around and found a vacuum leak that I fixed later. Other than a rattle sound she is running much better than before... I will start her up again tomorrow and see if I fixed the last vacuum leak.