It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: THE NEW TAX REBATE DEAL MIGHT HAVE A FLAW.......  (Read 583 times)

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
THE NEW TAX REBATE DEAL MIGHT HAVE A FLAW.......
« on: January 02, 2009, 09:54:59 AM »
SEMA :flex:  SAID THAT IT WANTS TO GIVE REBATES  :afit: TO THOSE HAVING OLDER CARS :first:  TO SCRAP THEM  :eaty: WITH MONEY FOR NEW MODELS :-* THAT WOULD HELP THE CAR COMPANIES :pilot: BAIT AND SWITCH :hide:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: THE NEW TAX REBATE DEAL MIGHT HAVE A FLAW.......
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 07:29:20 PM »
Oh you mean this link?

Quote from: bailout
Senators Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) and Richard Durbin (D-IL) have introduced Senate Bill 3737. You can read the full text of the “Sell Fuel Efficient Cars Act of 2008″ after the jump. Suffice it to say that the bill is designed to stimulate new car sales by giving low-income ($40k family income) car buyers $10k worth of “federal assistance” towards the purchase of a new vehicle. Of course, not just ANY vehicle. The car, truck, CUV or SUV (of course) must come from a carmaker “with operations in the United States, the failure of which would have a systemic adverse effect on the overall economy of the United States or a significant loss of United States jobs, as determined by the Secretary; and operated a manufacturing facility that produced automobiles or automobile components in the United States throughout the 20-year period ending on the date of the enactment of this Act.” Guess who? And now, the greenwashing…

If you expect to cash in you better send me your pension...   ^-^

The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most don’t think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
Re: THE NEW TAX REBATE DEAL MIGHT HAVE A FLAW.......
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 08:39:42 PM »
WHY  :afto2: DO YOU THINK  8) I HAVE SO MANY OLD :first: CARS????????? :pilot:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!