It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Noob here, checking in!  (Read 820 times)

• Match Box
Noob here, checking in!
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:04:45 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Kelly - came across this forum when looking up info in regards to getting classic plating on my truck. Unfortunately, I wont be doing that, as I use it everyday  >:(

Anywho, about my wheels :
1986 GMC Sierra Classic K1500 4x4 shortbed
86,7xx mi. when I bought it back in September '08 for a song and a dance...
...Now has 89,620 as of the last fill up. My mech. gave me an Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold that  can have 'if I clean it and polish it up". Have no idea what I am supposed to do that with, but I guess I will figure it out  :embr: We did a tuneup - something that I don't think has been done to this truck since it was a baby, and are gonna re-do the whole front end probably tomorrow, if the weather holds out - calipers, rotors, u-joints, wheel bearings, inner and outter tie rods, tie rod ends, adjusting selves, and drag link. Anyway, its gonna be a work in progress as the cash flow permits. I would like to do something with the wheel wells, they have a little bit of rust in them but nothing too bad.

Kelly :)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Noob here, checking in!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 06:15:59 AM »
Hi Kelly,

With respect to the intake you can start to clean it with a degreaser.  You can put it in an oil pan and spray it with brake cleaner, throttle body cleaner or gasoline.  Then you port it to match the gaskets and polish the rest (except the mating surfaces).

Anyhow, we can discuss more later when you are ready and put up some pictures...

The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

• Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
Re: Noob here, checking in!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »
some nice pic's  :afto2:   we are having a cruise on the 21 st :first:    might like to come  :clap: