birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: 2009 Levittown Fire Co.#2 Car Show & Family Fun Day (2nd Annual)  (Read 3259 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: 2009 Levittown Fire Co.#2 Car Show & Family Fun Day (2nd Annual)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 08:21:28 PM »
I will try but this weekend I have my eye on Cannisters!!!!!!   :alchol:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 05:27:40 PM »
I,LL  THERE  :D PER REG  :first: AN OTHER CAR MODEL ON A PETASTEL LIKE A TROPHY :afit: GET THERE EARLY YOU MAY GET  :bow1: :king: :pilot: ONE
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

LFC2_FF_EMT (Joe)

• Slot Car
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 09:55:51 AM »
FASTFREDDIE & :miller:, it was nice talking to you guys at the Canstatters show. See ya at our show on the 22nd. (:miller:, your all pre-registered and ready to go).

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 08:11:25 PM »
Thank you!
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 10:35:59 AM »
WELL  PAID FOR :miller: AGAIN !!!! :surr: :-[
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

LFC2_FF_EMT (Joe)

• Slot Car
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 10:40:10 AM »
THIS SATURDAY IS THE SHOW!!!!

Saturday August 22nd from 10am-4pm

For Car/Bike Owners: Pre-Registration is still open...Save $5 Pre-Reg. now!

Here is a run down of whats going on at the show.

Food Vendors: Great food by the Fire Company. Hot dogs, Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers, Hot Sausage with peppers & onions, Meatball sandwiches, chips, pretzels, soda & water. Coffee & Donuts in the morning. Also a bake sale. There will be a funnel cake vendor, Ice Cream, Water/Italian Ice, Crab Cakes, Kettle Corn, Cotton Candy, Candy, Baked Goods.

Vendors: 25+ vendors this year.....There will be a little something for everyone. 4 Games in 2 game trailers, 24' inflatable slide, Duck Pond, Baseball Toss, Mini High Striker, Candles, Car Parts, T-Shirts, Car Artwork, Bath Fitters, Jewelry, Air-Brushed Tattoos, Face Painters, Balloon Makers, Public Adjuster, PA Breast Cancer Coalition (Camaro Raffle & T-Shirt Sales), home decor, Professional Car Photographer (pick your photos up that day), Printing services, T-shirt screen printer & Vehicle wraps, Die-Cast Cars & Collectibles, sports & entertainment collectibles, sports posters, apparel, DVDs, trading cards.......and many other great products.

Events: There will be a Hula-Hoop for kids (parents welcome too join in!)..Win 1st, 2nd or 3rd, AnimalLand will be there! (Choose your animal, stuff it and pick out its outfit...20% of your orders will be donated to the fire station. You can also donate your stuffed animal to kids of emergencies), There will be many fire trucks (vote for your favorite and they win trophies), Ambulance, Police K-9 Demo, Lower Buck K-9 Search & Rescue Demo, Falls Twp. Fire Marshall's will have their small house that kids can learn to stay low and get out safely, JeffSTAT helicopter will be landing, Bucks County 9-1-1 will have their mobile command post at the show and a 9-1-1 phone simulator to simulate making 9-1-1 calls.

Entertainment: 94.1 WYSP will be there for 2 hours, B101 will be there for 1 hour giving away free stuff, Buck's County own Tuesdays Gone will be playing live on stage, Gary from KB Production will be returning as our DJ & announcer (Great Music!), Trenton Devil's Mascot will be there for the kids & the Trenton Devils team will be bringing their prize wheel for giveaways. There will also be Prize Raffle & 50/50.

For the Car/Bike Owners: 200 Great Dash Plaques, a HUGE pile of door prizes, Goody bags, ......(74 awards)...Over doubled from last year!!!.....Top 50 Show + a trophy for sports bikes, customs, & street stocks, 1st-5th Fire Trucks, 4 Specialty awards, 7 best of the best awards, 4 best of show, a people's choice. This will be a judged show, not a peer-judged show.

Only a limited amount of Event T-Shirts will be sold this year...get yours. Available in Kids small & Medium - Adult S, M, L, XL, 2X & 3X

Additional Info: Pre-Register for only $10, Day of show is $15. SPECTATORS ARE FREE......
Car/Bike owners...please don't arrive before 9am as we will still be setting up (Registration officially begins at 10am)...Early birds will be permitted to enter and park only if staff is ready, please be curtious.

Raindate is the following day (the 23rd, same time and place) <--Hopefully we wont have to use it. We will be updating the top of our event website for urgent weather or show related information starting next week.

You can reach us at the fire station (non-emergency line) at (215)-945-4930

We will also be pulling the winning ticket for the 2009 Suzuki GSX-R750 SportsBike at the end of the show. Tickets are only $10 and benefits the fire company.

None of this would be possible without the help of our sponsor/donations/contributors and certain businesses. Please stop over to our website and take a look at "2009 Sponsors" Page.....These people make a HUGE event like this possible, a HUGE event that everyone can enjoy!....Its all about the Fun!

--
Thanks

Joe
Firefighter, EMT, Event Chairman
Levittown Fire Co.#2
P.O. box 342, 6 County
Levittown, PA 19057

[email protected]    <----Email
http://sites.google.com/site/LFC2CarShow2009 <----Website

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 06:26:09 AM »
WELL  PAID FOR :moe: AGAIN !!!! :surr: :-[

Ahhhh making me come again!   :D

Guys, look out when :freddie: pays for you he charges you interest...  He is a LOAN SHARK!   :'(

LFC2_FF_EMT (Joe)

• Slot Car
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »
We are keeping an eye on the weather for Saturday. We will make our decision on Friday (21st) if the show will be moved to the raindate (Sunday 23rd). In the event the weekend is a washout, we will move the show to a weekend in September. Stayed tuned to our website. http://sites.google.com/site/lfc2carshow2009

Joe

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 06:10:17 AM »
Please keep us posted here.  I have a long ride and hate to drive down in the rain and find out there is no show.   :'(

LFC2_FF_EMT (Joe)

• Slot Car
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 11:51:31 AM »
Due to the severe weather on Saturday, Our event is getting pushed to the following day (Sunday the 23rd). All times, events, & show details will remain the same. If you are a vendors, entertainment or part of the show, please email us and let us know your intentions. If you have Pre-registered and can not make it, please also let us know. If anyone has any concerns please let us know. We hope everyone can make it out on Sunday. Spread the work to all.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 10:28:03 AM »
I hear it is going to rain Sunday morning.   :-\

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 10:42:08 AM »
Really had a hard time waking up for this Show.  Of it was not for Freddies wake-up call I may have missed it.  But I drove the 1.5 hour time to make it there.

The weather was sticky.  The show was good.  Nice turnout.  Thank you Joe!  :afto2:

The bummer was when Eddie W. forgot his age and acted like a 16 year old and blew out his exhaust after parking in the show.  There I was finally getting settled in my new big boy chair after wiping down the car and vrrrrrrrroooom in the back of my head.  I had to grab my hat and run over to tell him to do it elsewhere.  Everyone in the area told him that he was rude.  He was asked to move.  Hopefully he learned his lesson!    :wacko:

Got to meet some cool people at the show.  Chief Thunderbird comes to mind.  An interesting Person to say the least...  Wow, what a car!!!!!   and He will be the first to tell you, it is not a dune buggy!  It is a Chevy Prototype!!!!   :naww:

Oh yea, Lou Messer won a plaqe. It had a nice picture of the firemen in the background.  Sorry I was too busy thinking about a cold beer and forgot to take a picture of it.    :first:

Here is the link.  Here are some more of the show pictures:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 07:37:18 PM by J.Miller »

LFC2_FF_EMT (Joe)

• Slot Car
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 10:53:54 PM »
Hope you guys had fun at the show. I'm glad the weather held out and we got the show in. The sun came out so much that I actually got sun burnt.  :D  Good pictures. The car count was at 150. We were expecting up around 200-250 if the event was on Saturday. The skies were alittle gray in the morning and I think that scared some people off. I will be posting pictures soon to the event website.

Joe

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »
It was a good show.

LFC2_FF_EMT (Joe)

• Slot Car
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 03:09:32 PM »
Thanks. If anyone has pictures they can send us, we would like to add them to the event website.

Thanks

Joe