It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: SO YOU WANT TRAINS....WELL I'LL GIVE TRAINS WHEN STEAM WAS KING !!!!  (Read 1093 times)

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
THE BIGGIST  :flex: AND BEST  :first: WAS THE BIG BOY   O0 6500 HP WITH A 4 8 8 4   :king: FOR YOU NON TRAIN GUYS THAT'S 4 SMALL LEADING WHEELS :hide:  SPLITS DRIVE ;D  WHEELS OF 8 - 8  :-X  4 SMALL TRAILING ONES O0  ..  HAD AS MUCH PIPING A SC  :D ;D >:( :( COULD PULL OVER A LENGHT OF CARS 5 1/2 MILES LONG :o  ON A LEVEL GROUND  :-X  IT WOULD TAKE ABOUT 5 ENGINES :afto2:  TODAY :afit: :afit:  TO DO THE SAME THING :'( :bow1: :bow1: GO TO YOU TUBE AND LOOK UP FOR PIC'S :pilot:  BTW THE FASTEST STEAM WAS AT 126 MPH BE FORE THE BEARINGS GOT TO HOT TO INCREASE IT MORE O0  WAS THE  " MALLARD " IN 1938  :bow1: :king:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Re: SO YOU WANT TRAINS....WELL I'LL GIVE TRAINS WHEN STEAM WAS KING !!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 11:00:37 AM »
True steam engine do have more tractive force due to there size and weight and each train had to had a four man crew Conductor, Engineer, Fireman, and a Brakeman. The reason steam was phased out in the fifties to the early sixties was maintenance. It takes four time longer to service a steam locomotive than diesel plus they went to a four man crew eliminating the Fireman and today they run as little as a two man crew. Steam Locomotives are dirty. Soot and Ash from the product of combustion. As a licensed Engineer I have and do punch tube and clean boilers (only when I have to which is very really).
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
Re: SO YOU WANT TRAINS....WELL I'LL GIVE TRAINS WHEN STEAM WAS KING !!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »
WILL I'VE BEEN THERE :pilot:  WHEN I COME TO REPAIRING BOILERS WE HAD  COAL FIRED BOILERS 3 OF THEM :doh:  ONE WAS ALWAYS DOWN FOR SERVICE O0  HAD NICKEL PIPING 5 IN TUBES :first:   WE HAD TO INSPECT THEM ONCE A YEAR  :afit:HARDFORD INSURANCE WOULD SEND 1 OF THEIR MEN  :hide: TO CHECK ON OUR REPORTS  8)BY US  & IF ANY REPAIRS WERE DONE  :schh: THE ALSO POWERED STEAM TURBINES AND ELERTIC POWER AS WELL :clap:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!