It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Do not EVER let Fre.ddie check for vacuum leaks on Thunderbird supercoupe!!!!  (Read 941 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Yesterday, :curley: visited me in preparation for the Nazareth Days car show.  Since he was staying over night we went into my air conditioned garage and looked at the 1990 Ford 35th Anniversary Thunderbird SC that have been working on for several weeks. 

First things first, :curley: demanded that I hand him my starter fluid.  He then started to spray under the engine searching for the vacuum leak.  He sprayed and sprayed and sprayed EVERYTHING!  Every connection was soaked!!!  He then turned to me and said I do not see a vacuum leak!   :pilot:

At that moment POOF!   :flam:

The passengers side of the engine ignites in a massive flame! :explode:

:calv:

:curley: being a Fireman 
 :fireman:
:curley: says, calm down, do not panic!!!   While he gazes at the flames with a BIG GRIN on his face.   ;D

I turn off the engine and grab, a old leaf blower catcher bag and try to swing it at the flamse but only half of the fire goes out.

Still, :curley: is staring at the fire!     :afto2:

I hear a :curley: cackle >:D while I run to the garden hose...  I turn on the water go the car and hose her down, the fire goes gout.   :clap:

:curley: then says start the engine before it dries.  I start the car and She actually runs a little better.  We then leaf blower, start it up and blow down the engine.

The fire molested my pristine condition, and may I add the only, pristine part left on my car, hood liner.   :bby:

So let it be a lesson for all of you.  Do not invite :curley: to check for vacuum leaks!   :lunie:

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 04:21:33 PM by J.Miller »
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
I TOLD HIM TO GIVE ME  BRAKE CLEANER   :-X  ALSO AS HE RAN AROUND :clap:  AND I MEAN RAN AROUND :'( I POURED THE 2 DRINKS ON IT  :hide: SO IT WAS MOSTLY OUT  BY THE TIME HE GOT THE HOSE :embr:  AND NOTHING ON THAT CAR LOOKS GOOD .. I THINK HE SHOULD HAVE A SIGN SAYING SCRAP FOR SALE :afit:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
How dare you waste my drink!   :alchol:

You ruined the best part on the car:  the hood liner.   :o

That is ok, I had my revenge when I grilled hot wings.  Burnt you badly with spicy marinade and wing sauce!   :spaking:  Poor :freddie: could not eat all his wings, had to cool off on salad and celery!   :hide:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
either could :miller: he change over to barbque wings to cool his mouth down  :eaty: :hide:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Oh no, they were desert wings!   ;D

Dang do I make gooooood BBQ Wings!   :eaty: