birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: The vacation roadtrip gluttony tour...  (Read 1846 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
The vacation roadtrip gluttony tour...
« on: December 29, 2006, 01:22:51 PM »
Well...  Went off to CT the other day in search of some good food and to visit some ole friends.

The first place I went to was the Log Cabin in Clinton, Connecticut. Many restaurants in the area are known for fried clams but I wanted something different.  They are a fish fry place on the sea side up north of New Haven.  The special of the day was stuffed twin lobster tails.  Of course I had to have them.  As an appetizer we had some raw clams.  Ah, the clams were fresh and pink just as expected from a clamming town.  They were pink and tasted great.  They provided us some pasta that was good.  The lobster was light, sweet and melted in your mount.  Good food...  Great lobster!

Off of rt 84 exit 26 in Cheshire, CT we visited a hot :dog: stand called Blakie's.  They offer hummell dogs, their famous hot pepper relish and brown mustard.  As my bud :MrT: told me he never had a better hot :dog:!!!!!  The :dog: is good but with the condiments it is the best!!!  I brought home some of their secrete relish with me for next summer...  So if you like spicy food this place is for you... 

One the way home we passed Milford, PA and visited a place called Dawny's Soup Creations.  They offer six different soups daily.  When I walked in I was expecting to see the Soup Nazi but he was not there and I relaxed...  I had a sea food and rice soup and chilly.  Ah the soup was great!!

Finally I ended up at Harleysville Hotel in Harleysville, PA.  I have heard of their wings.  They say they are the best in the area.  So I tried the extra hot wings.  They were tasty not so hot and I would have liked to had a side of suicide.  But the wings had a great coating on them that lasted...  Ah, the flavor of the coating on the wings makes them rather good.  I have to agree that they are among the best I had in this state!
:P :P :yumm: :yumm: :yumm: :yumm: :yumm: :yumm: :yumm: :yumm: :alchol: :alchol: :alchol: :alchol: :yumm: :yumm: :yumm:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
Re: The vacation roadtrip gluttony tour...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 02:21:09 PM »
MAD MAN :miller: GETS HEARTBURN  >:( 3 LBS OF TUMS COULD,NT   :D SAVE HIM  ^-^
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »
MAD MAN :moe: GETS HEARTBURN  >:( 3 LBS OF TUMS COULD,NT   :D SAVE HIM  ^-^
Poor Mrs :miller: can you imagine the next day after consumming all that food  :bthrm:
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 04:38:10 PM »
Ha ha...  That was in the span of three (3) days...   :eatar: :eatar: :eatar: :eatar:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 04:49:20 PM »
Ha ha...  That was in the span of three (3) days...   :eatar: :eatar: :eatar: :eatar:
Well you called it the gluttony tour not :ralph:, I think :freddie: and :ralph: thought you at all that on the ride home  O0 :drv:
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 12:06:23 AM »
Poor Mrs :moe: can you imagine the next day after consumming all that food  :bthrm:
I cannot imagine the peril one would endure sleeping inna same room as :moe: after that trip and that food. :drl:  ... Mrs. :moe:, indeed a true hero in our time, go figure :drl:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 11:07:07 PM by J.Miller »
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 11:09:08 PM »
Ah she sleeps just fine.  Her snoring is so loud it drowns out all white noise...   :kisser:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:25:39 AM by J.Miller »

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 09:53:08 PM »
Ah she sleeps just fine.  Here snoring is so loud it drowns out all white noise...   :kisser:
I'm asking for it now! How do you know it's not you snooring? I supose you stay a wake to see if you snored and you didn't, right? 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 12:01:28 AM by rjstat »
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 10:58:43 PM »
I remember a cold night, a little over a year ago, In Ohio, and :miller: was sleeping inna next room , door open, onna air matress, and he snored so loud he terrified all the cats (6?) It wuz a night to remember! good thing he didnt have gas! >:D
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 01:11:42 PM »
The snoring came from the room next to me...   ::)

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 09:55:16 PM »
:miller: come on most heavy guy's snore you blame someone in the next room  ;D
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 10:34:31 PM »
:moe: come on most heavy guy's snore you blame someone in the next room  ;D
Haha , you wanna' rephrase that? Something in the order of; "Most inordinately large guys snore".  ;)
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!