birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Raso’s Grill  (Read 1757 times)

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Raso’s Grill
« on: December 29, 2006, 04:31:47 PM »
OK who likes Italian food well I have a nice place in Medford MA right off I 93 on Mystic Ave. The restaurant is Raso’s Grill when you walk into the restaurant you enter into a lounge with a 60” plasma screen HDTV and two smaller TVs in the corners away from the bar they always have a sports or news   program on the TVs The bartenders are friendly and knowledgeable of their mix logy. What you don’t drink ok then the food is out of this world. The fare is spread across the board with dishes with chicken, beef, pork, and fish all served with salads and two veggies but the pasta is all fresh from a local pasta shop supplying two blocks away. The sauces yes the sauce it is the secret of the success of Raso’s. I do not eat a lot of  Italian Food with sauce away from home but this sauce is the second best to my mothers (little secret Ritchie the owner is my cousin). So when you’re in MA come to Medford 2.5 miles north from Boston Government center. 
:ralph:  O0   
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
Re: Raso’s Grill
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 11:56:21 PM »
My favorite Italian restaraunts are in Baltimore's Littwel Ittewey (Little Italy) there are several places there that are off the wall great, but I cant really enjoy them after developing type II diabetes.  The Johnny Carino's , Macaroni grill, and Carrabas chains are pretty darned good, but I only eat the salads there these days (good tho!) Havent found a non chain Italian restaraunt here in Fla that I would consider going back to.... it's like a wasteland here :-\ :'(
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 06:24:51 AM »
Ya I went down to Port Orange to visit my brother in law a couple of years ago and my folks had a place in Pompano and I have to agree with you on Italian restaurants in FL I really think it is the water down there. When my folks (the snow birds) would go down I would drive the car my dad would want down there for his stay the trunk would be loaded with all the products my mother wanted in the kitchen to cook with and I would fly back home dad would sell the car and bring a new one every year always a Lincoln. When I call my father would say I complain that my mothers sauce wasn't up to par (she didn't do anything different to the sauce same ingredient's for 60 years) and they would go to a buffet for dinner.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 08:53:29 AM »
The SAUCE! yes, the sauce.... the chains have decent marinara, etc, but a local eatery? Fugeddaboudit! I make a decent sauce just by opening a jar of Paul Newmans', but a local eatery?? Sometimes lifes not fair , and Florida never got issued it's share of good Italian cooks.I also use a water filterpurifier to tame the wild drinking/cooking water here.
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 09:24:33 AM »
The SAUCE! yes, the sauce.... the chains have decent marinara, etc, but a local eatery? Fugeddaboudit! I make a decent sauce just by opening a jar of Paul Newmans', but a local eatery?? Sometimes lifes not fair , and Florida never got issued it's share of good Italian cooks.I also use a water filterpurifier to tame the wild drinking/cooking water here.
When :ralph: was in NC :ralph: worked as a Pizza Maker for a local establishment the water there was horrible they couldn't get the dough to raise. :ralph: told the owner it was the water he put in a zeolites water softener which helped but the ingredients they where using was of poor quality. :ralph: was going home on a 96 hour pass and to bring back my car from home. While at home :ralph: picked up a couple of cases of tomatoes and other ingredient :ralph: needed for a good pie I would make at home. When :ralph: went back to Jacksonville I made the pie using my ingredients and gave it to the owner he liked it so much he made me a manager of one of the four pizza parlors he had. Well 20 years have gone by Mike the owner died about 15 years ago and all the shops where sold and have closed.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 10:05:02 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!  Tooo many Shemps my eyes!!  My eyes!!!!!!  :aaa:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most don’t think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 10:08:11 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!  Tooo many Shemps my eyes!!  My eyes!!!!!!  :aaa:
:ralph: thought I would be funny. I'm board here at work.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.