birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Manor House Inn for New years Eve!!!!  (Read 1087 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Manor House Inn for New years Eve!!!!
« on: January 01, 2007, 08:35:52 PM »
New years Eve Dinner at the Manor House Inn!!!

This is the third time I have been here and both of the other times I had the Beef Wellington and french onion soup.  They were great.  This year we decided to try it for New Years Eve.  The menu was limited but there was plenty of food to pick from.

I ordered the following:
Trout crepes
Lobster Bisque
Pear salad
Fillet minion with truffles - med well
Ginger cake

The wife ordered:
Duck appetizer
Mushroom soup
Pear salad
Fillet minion with truffles - med rare
chocolate mouse

There were four crepes on my plate, included was chopped onion and a cucumber sauce.  They were tasty.
The wife's duck had little fat and at least 6 slices of duck.  The duck was cooked to perfection.
The lobster Bisque was so salty that it almost destroyed my taste buds.  I do not know what happened but all I can say is do not order sea food there!
The wife's  mushroom Bisque has some cherry in it and was great.
The pear salad was good, it included some blue cheese and nuts but someone forgot to put the pear on the plate.  Points were lost.
The Fillet minion with truffles was tender as expected but suffered in my pallet due to the overdose of salt that continued to linger.
The cake and moose were good alas, the salt overdose of salt sickened my tummy.

The atmosphere was great.  The harp music was excellent.  There was a time I thought they were the best in the area.  But now I no longer believe it.  If you go there eat the minion but stay away from the lobster Bisque!!

Do not get me wrong the wife loved her dinner.  She talked about it all day.  She raved about the duck, her soup and the portions.
 :drl: :drl: :drl: :popc:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Re: Manor House Inn for New years Eve!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »
So how much liter is your wallet with that meal?
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 10:40:33 PM »
Pretty fancy... I now wanna go to the Goat ranch at Barbours Cut Tx, for a couple of their greazy cheeseburgers(well) and a longneck beer! (siiiigh , I guess I just aint as slob and debonaire as :miller:, siiiigh) ;D
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 06:52:23 AM »
LUckily the wife does it to me twice a year and when I am bad.  :o
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM