It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Tranny cooler Maintenence  (Read 1336 times)

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
Tranny cooler Maintenence
« on: January 06, 2007, 11:59:26 PM »
Tranny Coller Maintenence?? Huh? well, kinda sorta......
turns out the changes in the  plumbing require some splicing and moving around... The splicing is usually accomplished by using some high pressure hydraulic hose, and the ever present screw type hose clamps.....
There's the problem, as the screws back off, the rubber 'sets' under compression, and the whole shooting works vibrates and gets loose / leaks........My Cooler, added about 13 months ago suddenly gave the under carriage a bath of ATF...
Nasty , really nasty. I ended up tightening a lotta clamps, almost all were loose!
My recommendation; Tighten as necessary at least once every 6  months to be sure.........
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Tranny cooler Maintenence
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 09:44:35 AM »
I always hard pipe my tranny cooler.  All metal tubing is the way to go!!!  O0
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:12:06 PM »
I always hard pipe my tranny cooler.  All metal tubing is the way to go!!!  O0
Where is your tranny cooler located? Yes hard pipe is better as long as it is mounted right any chaffing will cause tubing to wear and fail having the same problem as :jake: but it would take along time for that to happen. Oh also no kinks in the bends.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 10:13:38 PM »
I purchased two pieces of aluminum angle.  Trimmed the ends and mounted the cooler right in front of the radiator!!!  :-X

Here is a shot of it after a little snow in CT!!
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM