It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: :freddie: r-u comming up here this weekend?  (Read 1536 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: ::freddie:: r-u comming up here this weekend?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 02:35:12 PM »
Doubt She will make this season.
 ;)

If you have a spare JBL Premium radio plz bring it.  Could use a sub too...  Like to test if all the speakers are there/ working???
 :hide:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: :freddie: r-u comming up here this weekend?
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 05:19:20 PM »
Today I changed the oil.  The old oil looked like it was not synthetic and the filter looked old.  But the oil was not completely worn out so I think I will need to perform another oil change in a few weeks to get rid of the non-synthetic stuff.

Fixed the battery terminals and replaced the battery tray with one I found in the junk yard.

Painted the wiper blades with several coats and installed them for now.  Will do more later when I install the cowl I am working on.  Motor seems noisy.  I may grab the new one form the SC.

Swapped over both the ABS relays with the relays that were in the SC since that car was converted to manual brakes and put some brake fluid in.  The red brake light goes off but the yellow ABS light is still on.  Not sure but the pedal does not feel right.  I guess I need to take the tires off?  I hope I do not need to get an accumulator after giving my last one away.  I guess I need to have :freddie: to look at it.

I changed out the keyless entry module with a junk yard one to change the password.

The firm ride control seemed fine the other day.  Now she seems to blink once and then 6 times.

The AC fan seems to be making noise.  I guess I will need to swap it from the SC.

On the bright side when changing the oil I noticed that all the air deflector trim is still installed on the car.  That is a rare find because usually garages took off those parts and never put them back on.  Whoever had this car had mechanics who cared.

Even more astonishing I noticed that it has a transmission cooler installed.  Now I am wondering if I really need to swap the trannys out?

I should have her street legal tomorrow morning so that :freddie: can tell me what to fix???
 :pilot:   :flex:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 05:30:00 PM by J.Miller »
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 07:43:25 PM »
Now the ARC is not blinking.  I think I just need to add some WD40 and it will be fine.
 O0

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: ::::freddie:::: r-u comming up here this weekend?
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 06:51:59 PM »
Fredie came bye today and he says the car runs good.  We lubricated the shocks with WD40.  Then we worked on the divers side window.  :::freddie::: showed me his trick to fix them with common garage items.  I took pictures and there will be a tech article coming on how a poor man can fix his broken window motor.  It works great now!!!!
 8)

The he pointed out that I need to remove the tires and check the ABS sensors.  He believes one of them is dirty or not properly aligned.  I will start with the fronts!
 :joys:

He looked at the SC and believes he can fix it.  He does not want to see me junk it and prefers to try to fix it! We all know he can if he puts his mind to it!!!!
 :flex:

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 01:12:15 PM »
Going to play with the wheel sensors another day.  Today I took off the drivers side window switch assembly and filed the contacts with emery cloth.  Now the passengers side window goes up and down.

O0

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: :freddie: r-u comming up here this weekend?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »
It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I did one more thing to the car today.  The VVM was loose so I removed it.  Wrapped it in electrical tape to secure the metal connections and put it back in.  Now it rests in place perfectly.
 :o

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: :::freddie::: r-u comming up here this weekend?
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 09:51:55 PM »
Took off the front tires today and cleaned the white paste off of the wheel speed sensors with brake cleaner.  Will test tomorrow.

I notice that the front shocks are "motorcraft sure trackers", gee I do not think they are adjustable.  I wonder if i should disconnect the motors?  I am glad I have a low milage set of stock shocks in the garage.
 :hide:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:00:44 PM by J.Miller »