was on my back because I have been working on the SC and taken no pictures of the repairs and have written few tech articles. I am sorry but I ma busy working in the car...
I replaced the fan motor last week (what a PITA) and it worked once but the AC does not work even though it was filled with freon. I suspected the IRCM so I took it apart. Here is a referance
First I drilled the two rivets out in the cover. Oh my, it was dirty...
So I cleaned it.
Flipped her over and checked the welds and then looked at the resistors and etc to make sure noting showed heat damage.
Everything looked ok after cleaning so I gathered my supplies.
I wire brushed the case to heat sink contact.
Applied heat sink compound. Why because I want it to last.
Spread the compound.
Bolted the the sink back on (as you can see I lost the original bolt). Used a dab of blue Lock-Tight. Then I cleaned off excess compound.
Gathered some 89mm counter sunk bolts and etc...
Bolted together the circuit board. Note the EPDM rubber washers.
Bolted together the case
Wala the final product.
I put it in the car. The AC worked well. Nice and cold but the fan did not work. So I hot-wired the fan directly to the battery and it works. Because you can get a IRCM at a junk yard for $10 I have decided not to take it apart again but to source a used ICRM.