birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: OMG the Deer Tomato Sase smells so good!  (Read 803 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
OMG the Deer Tomato Sase smells so good!
« on: October 10, 2010, 02:16:49 PM »
Yesterday i visited denis's garage.   We tried to read the codes and confirm that the speed sensors are working in my 90 xr7.  But the code reader saw no codes.  So denis's son told me to go home and get a electrical schematic and he will look at it.  I came back and he, being the extraordinary electrical wizard he is, he connected a signal generator to the xt7 abs wiring, lifted the car and had me spin the wheels.  All four(4) wheels provided the correct signal as per the ford shop manual.

so today i heard that the connector is as follows:
----1--2---
3--4--5--6

and if you jump the 4-5 wires the abs light will blink telling me the code it is reading.  Still it did nothing except make a little noise when i turned on the ignition.  The funny thing is the brakes felt just like the car :freddie: had me test drive the other day.  So maybe my abs is working and the light is on.  I need to look at why this is happening further another day.

but now i will get back to the topic of this post.  After i left denis's garage i stopped by rek's house.  Rek grew up on a farm and likes to hunt so he bagged a deer the other day.  Rek was making sausage from scratch. I came in when he was finishing the normal batch and was making a special batch for andy and himself. 

here he added ground pork, garlic, onions from the garden, peppers from the garden, deer meat, salt and pepper.  He allowed me to smell the peppers mix, and asked me if it smelled hot. I said no.  He then gave me a sample pepper and it was mile.  Apparently the rain and the cool weather made the once hot peppers mild so we ventured out in his large garden and started sampling peppers from every plant until we finally found a plant that has some hot pepper seeds and picked five(5) peppers from the plant.  Then rek chopped off both ends leaving the seeds and pushed them through the grinder with some the the meat and mixed it in.

then rek made his sausage links by pressing it into the pigs intestines and curling them up.  After he was done there was plenty of meat left so he gave me about 1.5 pounds because he had too much left over.  He cooked a patty on the grill and it came out perfect with just a little heat, just enough not to over power but enough to add a slight spice...

so today i took half and decided to sauce for my wife's famous lasagna.  I will not get into the lasagna because now i ma making the sauce and it smells so good!

so i took some onions, garlic, olive oil and added rel's sausage to a pan on low heat.  Now rek advised me against this but i have a reason why i did did this.  First off, i only lightly cooked the meat.   There was still some pink left in the meat when i transferred it to the pan with the tomatoes.  But there was some stock left over.  I turned up the heat on high and added some white wine until it started boiling then i added some tomato paste.  Stirred it until about half was dissipated then added it to the meat mixture.

the meat mixture was a large can of diced tomatoes heated just before i added the meat.  Then i added my italian sauce seasoning, some cinnamon and some drained sliced olives from a jar.  After it was brought to a boiling the perfectly timed wine mixture was added and it was brought to a boiling again.  I added about a 3/4 cup left over hamburger with taco bell seasoning from fridays dinner into the pot so that i will have at least three meats in the sauce and a little extra peppers.

now it is on low simmer on another burner, after two (2) hours i will add some mushrooms that we browned in olive oil and it will simmer more until the total cooking time is four(4) hours,  then some will get jarred and the rest will make it into the lasagna.  But it now smells so good...
 :afto2:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
Re: OMG the Deer Tomato Sase smells so good!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 09:09:28 PM »
So what,s the rest of the story ??? Yum  yum  yum  :p :eaty:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 07:33:09 AM »
I broke the sauce into two containers.  One container I made with spaghetti and the other was with ravioli.  They both were great!
  :eaty:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »
 You ate the whole thing :bow1: :king: :p :eaty: :meeting: :hide:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!