birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Welcome SCgearhead  (Read 1453 times)

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
Welcome SCgearhead
« on: January 07, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »
 :flex: Hello and welcome SCgearhead  :first: to ECRTcc!   :flex:

:wink: Please feel free to cruise around, hit the brakes in topics, visit the gallery, drive to the games section and get to know everyone.   :bowa:

We will love to see some pictures of your ride.  You can post them in this section.
 :pilot:

:freddie:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Welcome SCgearhead
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 07:30:04 AM »
Welcome...  Please tell us about your car?
 :bow1:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

SCgearhead

• Slot Car
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:39:45 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! I have an 89 Thunderbird Super Coupe. I'm working with a 3" SCP Intake, 73mm BBK Throttle Body, a 5-10% supercharger pulley (was not specified exactly...more than 5%, less than 10%), and the SCT chip with a tune by Jon Lund. The car is black with some red pinstripe I added and I painted the wheels gun metal gray.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »
Sounds cool!  If you have any questions please let us know.  FF has a black belt in SC's!
 :pilot:  :hide:

It will be nice to see some pictures.  I believe you can download them in your own gallery page here (if you want).
 :afto2:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

FASTFREDDIE

• Nascar
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 03:56:33 PM »
WERE YOUR LACATION ??? :help: :clap: O0
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

SCgearhead

• Slot Car
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 09:06:19 PM »
I'm in Brookhaven, south of Philadelphia.

Unfortunately....A head gasket went on my SC  :'(  :help:  :surr:  :(  but I will take some pictures of it when all the snow melts. I plan on fixing it when spring rolls around. Gonna be a lotta work I hear

FASTFREDDIE

• Nascar
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 08:01:54 AM »
2 THINGS YOU MUST DO, OR MORE  DID  WATER GET INTO OIL???? IF SO WILL NEED COMPLETE REBUILD   AS THE MAIN BEARINGS WILL GO SOUTH ON YOU,  SORRY FOR THE BAD NEWS ALSO CYLINDER WALLS WILL BE RUSTED TOO. !!!! IF  IT WAS JUST BLOWN OUT THE SIDES WITH NO INTERNAL LEAKS , THE HEADS WILL NEED TO BE DECKED FOR STRAIGHTNESS, AND A MTL HEADGASKET USED IN REBUILT... THATS THE CHEAPEST WAY OUT ALL NEW HEAD BOLTS AS WELL OR ARP  STUDS THE STUDS ARE CLAIMED TO HOLD BETTER..   GO TO SCCCOA TECH SITE AND HINTS ON HOW TO REMOVE PARTS BLOWER COMES OFF WITH INTAKE IN ONE BIG CHUNK O0 ALSO MANY WAYS TO SAVE YOUR SELF THIME AN MONEY   HOW MANY MILES ON THE MOTOR AN DO YOU HAVE BHJ BALANCER ??? THAT,S THE NEXT PART TO REPLACE READ UP ON THAT AS WELL    KEEP IN TOUCH
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 08:20:31 PM »
Let us know about the water in oil situation...   8)

SCgearhead

• Slot Car
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 11:52:27 PM »
Well all I can say is all the antifreeze is gone, I would like to say no water got in to the oil. I only drove it about 3/4 mile after it happened and it didn't over heat. I plan to do the whole upper gasket set (the felpro one i suppose) and ARP studs, as well as machine the pistons. It all has a little less than 143K miles on it so it had a good run. Any ways I can tell if water got in the oil without waiting for the surprise when I open it up? haha Thanks guys

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 07:43:04 AM »
First you can look at the dip stick.  Signs of water in the oil is a light brown color and or foam.  If it looks like normal oil that is a good sign.  Later you can drain your oil and verify that it is all a normal color.  If so then you just may have lucked out and it blew out the exhaust.

Another thing I would check is the radiator fluid for signs of oil.  If so a good flush will be in order.

Good time to get new headers, cats, resonator and etc to reduce he back pressure and the chance of a head gasket going again.
 :afto2:

SCgearhead

• Slot Car
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 09:27:48 AM »
I checked the oil and it looks clean!  :afto2: (As clean as oil from a 22 year old motor can be). All of the antifreeze blew out the exhaust I can tell you that! haha. I will definitely be doing an overhaul with all that and more as well. And man, I just flushed the cooling system a couple months ago  :P

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 10:13:25 AM »
That is good news...   :afto2:

SCgearhead

• Slot Car
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »
Yes sir! Now if it was only above 50 degrees outside  :doh:

FASTFREDDIE

• Nascar
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 04:31:11 PM »
 YOUR O2 SENSORS WILL NO LONGER BE ANY GOOD IF THE ANTIFREEZE  WAS GOING THRU THE EXHAUST AND YOUR CYLINDERS MAY HAVE GOT SOME ANTIFREEZE IN THEM AS WELL >:(  YOU COULD PULL THE PLUGS AND SQUIRT SOME WD40 IN THE CYLINDERS AND SPIN THE MOTOR TO KEEP RUST FROM FORMING :afto2:  BUT ITS A HARD JOB TO DO WITHOUT REMOVING THE TOP I/C TUBE AND MOVING THE A/C COMPRESSER OUT OF THE WAY  ???
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

SCgearhead

• Slot Car
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 08:44:08 PM »
Yeah I am going to do all the O2 sensors while I'm in there. I hope it won't be sitting long enough for rust to form  :'( That's a great tip though with the WD40, thanks!