birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: WOW!!!! Pay $500/ yr for tuning advice?  (Read 2701 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
WOW!!!! Pay $500/ yr for tuning advice?
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:51:36 AM »
Yeow...  I read this over the TCCoA today.

Then I found this mass junk mail letter...

As you know, the tuning world is constantly changing.  Over the past several years, tuning a PCM has become more and more complicated.  Current examples of this are drive-by-wire and variable CAM timing.  To help you keep up with the ever changing technology in the OEM PCM, we have started an internet website to assist with this.  The technical help of this new site will come from Jerry Wroblewski.

For those unfamiliar with Jerry, I’ll give you a little background.  Jerry has 20 years of OEM calibration experience at GM, Ford, and Roush Industries.  He is also the founder, and one of the owners of SCT.  Prior to starting SCT Jerry became very well known tuning cars across the country for his own company Inject-Tech.

This new website, www.EFITO.com (recently purchased from Ken @ Mod Depot) will cover all elements of tuning OEM PCMs, as well as the standalone aftermarket systems.  It doesn’t matter what company you currently use for tuning software, all will be covered.  In fact, a member of DiabloSport has volunteered to provide his input when needed.

In addition to the technical assistance on the site, Jerry plans to conduct training sessions across the U.S.A.  These training seminars will dive deep into the intricacies of tuning these PCMs.  The seminars will be open to EFITO.com and non EFITO.com members, with preference given to members on a first come basis.

As with most industries, quality support and technical assistance comes with a fee (i.e. Dell and Microsoft).  We intend to offer the highest quality assistance possible to those of you in this industry.  Because of that EFITO.com will be a subscription only member site.  This change will take effect on January 15, 2007.  Until such time the site remains a free forum.  We hope that you will take the opportunity to visit it in the next few days to get a “taste” of what we have to offer.  Over the next several weeks the site will evolve into what we hope to be an all inclusive tuning support resource.  We hope that after you take a look, you’ll be as excited as we are and want to become a member.

Please let us know if you are interested in viewing the site during this “free” period and we will assign you a temporary user ID.  Your opinions and suggestions are always welcome; in fact feedback is greatly appreciated.  As stated earlier, our goal is to provide the highest quality technical support for all in the tuning industry.

We hope you take a few moments to stop by and check out the site.   We look forward to seeing you!

Tana Towney
EFITO.com

Come on guy...  When I had to tune my EEC I searched the net and found all the information I needed to get the job done.  Why on earth would I spend $500 for the same information?  Come on I can get an account with All Data for <$40 per year!!

Now what, is someone going to search the net and delete all this info just to sell time on a web site?  East Coast Rolling Thunder is a free site.  We believe that the internet is a place to share information and will refuse to  charge for that information!!!  Get your free advice here!!!!!!!   ;) ;) ;)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:51:24 AM by J.Miller »
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most don’t think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
Re: WOW!!!! Pay $500/ yr for tuning advice?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 01:45:05 PM »
Yup, well there ya have it folks, another band of whores , "ostensibly members of a club". :3sum: :ghug:.... selling selling , selling. minions of evil all together again selling whatever they can to the general public... add a few select names, plus,mebbee Rattlesneke, er head.?... Snotty, ? I dunno, they allways seem to be banded together. one of my prime reasons for considering buying a Chebby fo' chrissake.(except of course a corvette , which after thinking about Golburg, I would never ever buy!) Of course, at tcc :censor: they're allowed to be more blatant in selling thier :censor:......Soon DR will be a ghost writer for JW there to stimulate his bidness again??? . Heeey C'mere guy i wanna show you the latest gizmo to make you run better, faster and stronger. its called "water", only 7.95 a gallon , ya drink it all , ya see........ 8) ::) ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 07:25:16 PM by Jake »
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 07:14:56 AM »
Yikes!!!!   :aaa:

It is sad when a few make the rest look bad...   >:(
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 10:24:26 AM »
Yikes!!!!   :aaa:

It is sad when a few make the rest look bad...   >:(

LMAO!! :jamrt:  As in an 'oldog blog'; It was predicted that someone in the devil's circle would eventually end up being DR's b!tch, :own: :own: these may well be the beginnings of the maneuvers to ressurect DR, as Voldemort's  perfect servant of evil. Hell, we dont even have to name names. The players are all self proclaimed supporters of the dark side's leader.Scum, just like cream, ..... raises to the top in certain fluid environments, go figgure..........;D 'Mushroom :censor:' ,the 'Tx. gum slinger'(lil' Jonnnie), and a few others are all there . Thing is they now want $500 to enter the temple of evil they are forming :pop:....... Bet'cha this will fall under the category of failed enterprises?

" somebody  censored 'mushroom richard' well ok, Dickie... ,  for short, LOL . pickey , pickey!"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 11:34:06 PM by Jake »
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 08:45:03 PM »
I wonder if that has anything to do with SCT dealerships being sold...

I saw this at another site...

Quote from:  Kodiak Kid
SCT dealership for sale....
Posting for my local SCT dealer.....

"SCT Dealers License for ALL Ford vehicle...including diesels
Advantage 3.0 Tuning Software
SCT Chip Burner / Programmer

*Laptops and PCs are not included in the sale.*

You will be a SCT dealer and therefore be able to purchase directly from SCT at dealer cost. You will have the SCT software to custom tune all Ford vehicles and have access to SCT base tunes.

$6,000"

PM me if interested. Thanks!

www.Racingsyndicate.net <--- A great place

My new Mustang GT [email protected] BONE stock

Could they be moving over to Diablo???

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 09:44:43 AM »
sounds like the wrongwire kid, AKA Kodiak kiddie. :-\... Hard to figure him getting the scratch for the SCT set up, but then again nobody would toon for him.. and he wuz selling his cars.... Prolly a special deal he got from da jabberwocky hisself?
Ratz deserting a sinking ship, kinda -sorta? Thing is ,the good tooners (lonnie, Ramsey, Johnson, et.all) can get along with any software /hardware without anyone like the jabberwocky holding their hands.....on the 'udder' hand, the little DR deamon, hasta  have Jdubyah hold his hand to go to the crapper, much less toon'......... ;) :D ::).... However, I would look with a jaundiced eye at anything the wrong wired one has had his hands on, as his deals, projects, alliances etc . have generally been train wrecks in the making ;D :D    Apparently its a 'Coastie ' thing?
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 10:34:08 AM »
You make me dizzy... :tmpr:  Where do you get these cockamamy theories? :pyth:  You gotta cut back on the meds...  :tard:

It is not his...  He could be one of those guys like Panty Kicker who sell other peoples things for a possible cut of the pie?  Who knows, he could simply be helping out a bud...

After looking at the thread develop it seems like someone tried to start a internet business without enough fiscal planning.  Just did not sell enough to make it worth while??? Started too late in the game and had no support???

So I doubt that they are directly related with the new site...  Why would someone spend $500 to get on a web page then buy a chip???  Can't be since you can get a mail order chip for $200-$250...

On another note, some say that you can not sell a dealership.  That I find somewhat unfair, spend all that money and not be able to profit or break even...  Your are out!!!  Quite odd, could it be a ploy to get a better price???  :o  :o :o