It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: A Fisher wants my cat!  (Read 432 times)

J.Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
A Fisher wants my cat!
« on: May 09, 2011, 07:28:34 PM »
Last Thursday night my old lady came home at 1:30 am.  As usual the putty came running into my room and jumped on top of me.  Shortly afterwards I hear this weird noise...  It was a loud human like chocking noise right outside my bedroom window.

What the heck?  I get up walk in the back room and turn on the spot lights.  The same time the kitty rushed to the window and peered out.

I saw i the middle of the yard this animal.  Mind you it was dark but I was still able to make out its general shape.  The head was sorta like a fox with sorta of pointy ears.  The body was at least 3' long, excluding the tail.  It hopped from the house like a weasel and stood on it's hind legs and bobbed it's head up and down while standing on it's hind legs.  It rushed up to the house and made the chocking sound again and immediately ran back to the observation position, right where my spot light was trained, to see what it stirred up. 

The animal saw the cat and ran up to the house under the cat and chocked again.  Bee lined back to the observation position and bobbed up and down again.  The cat just stared at it but did nothing.

Soon it lost interest and ran away.

I discovered later that it was a Fisher and they like to eat domestic cats.  It was trying to incise my cat out to be dinner.

Now this thing was bigger than the books say.  It was the size of a medium :dog: but I believe it weighed at least 30 pounds.  My wimpy kitty, if She ever ventured out back, would not have stoof a chance.

Another rumor is that these things are the Jersey devil of lure???
 :o

J.Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: A Fisher wants my cat!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 06:29:32 PM »
I found pictures of a fur of the same animal I saw in my back yard.  They do not know what it is either.  A red fox like martin head, body of a ferris but much much bigger.  It makes a chocking sound that shivers the spine! The color, head and body of the fur is the same as the animal that stalks my neighborhood.

It was sold.  I do not know how long these pictures will stay there.

It was a scary animal when it was alive!
 :hide:

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:37:01 AM »
  LOOKS LIKE A DASHOUND WITH A FUR COAT 8) ::)
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J.Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 09:17:18 AM »
It has the short legs of a fisher, tubular body like a human and the head of a fox with big eyes.  It stood upright and ran like a weasel.  Made chocking sounds like a Fisher.

I hear Fishers are like large Martins.  Maybe this is a big Martin?

jimmy

• "It is in light that light exists."
  • Limited Edition
  • Street Racer
  • What if ?
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 10:24:34 PM »
We all want your cat. Just got back from the beach winds feel like about 40 to me. The seas are angry my friend.

J.Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »
Fat :MrT: told me it most likely had rabies and was dead by now.  But I saw it again last week!  The wife was driving the car, it was just before dusk and the animal was running across a field off of route 22 just before the 33 interchange where geese usually hang out.  There was no mistaking this animal.

It was red with a low short legged body and a big pit bull triangular like head and fox ears.   The head is big enough to bite a goose in half.  It's eyes were round and large having a long zombie like gaze.  You do not want to meet this animal face to face.

Since no one else is reporting this animal I will name it the Easton Devil!
 >:D