birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Heater Core Swap!!!  (Read 840 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Heater Core Swap!!!
« on: January 23, 2007, 08:56:37 PM »
A bud called me today and asked if I would post how to swap out a heater core.  As always the tech is free at the East Coast Rolling Thunder.

here is an article from a BBS that has been gone for may years...  I am sure someone can find a better way???

http://www.eastcoastrollingthunder.com/jmiller/Heater_core_install.pdf
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
Re: Heater Core Swap!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:10:07 PM »
Ya well, that linky dont getcha verry far, go figure, but by next week I will have my own answers. :o... a less than 3 year old NAPA heater core took a :censor: on me, and I will have to do something about it soon, go figure >:(.... I suspect a teeny leak existed for a verry long time according to the smells, now getting bigger. whatta pain ... anudder reason to sell and get something cheaper to run, newer, not so fast(for an old man) :-\
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »
You have to wait for the pdf to load in your web browser!!  Silly...  :catn:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 12:23:01 AM »
Did some research.... checked things out, and the big rub, is getting the core in and out past a metal and rubber gasket between the cassette, and firewall with the bent core pipes... perhaps putting the gasket OUTSIDE the firewall, would make changeing it easier , without having to pull the whole A/C cassette the next time, but who figures on keeping a car that long??.... therefore the dash has to come out , the A/c disconnected at the firewall, and then the cassette has to come out with all the connections, fittings, etc. removed , then yoiu can pull the core... Putting it back together calls for a new drier, and of course ford would also install a new orfice, etc... before rechargeing the A/c system ....... just not a pretty task to contemplate. The Ford 'better idea' bites me in the butt again!
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite