Tezza > Chevy

Chebby Cobalt... an eye on tomorrow and a well screwed together little econo box

(1/3) > >>

Jake:
Well, I 'yam' seriously considering one as GM is giving the things away, the 2.2 liter and 2.4 liter motors are really well thought out. I have done a lotta research as well as look a lot at my new buddy at the Spring Hill car shoe, Joey, who allways parks next to my car.....anyhow heres what I see

the engine bay is well shrouded;

Unshrouding gives us some details;

Notice the waaay looong intake runner, good sized tho'

Thing is these cars deliver verry decent mileage, good performance , right at what a stock 95-96 T Bird would do at the track, and my fat butt fits comfortably! I would say Chebby got this one right!

J dot Miller:

--- Quote from: :jake: on January 25, 2007, 10:46:21 PM ---Notice the waaay looong intake runner, good sized tho'

--- End quote ---

Already planning mods eh?   :o

--- Quote from: :jake: on January 25, 2007, 10:46:21 PM --- ..and my fat butt fits comfortably!

--- End quote ---

Important.  How is the head room for us taller people??  ::)

Jake:

--- Quote from: J.:miller: on January 26, 2007, 07:33:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: :larry: on January 25, 2007, 10:46:21 PM ---
Important.  How is the head room for us taller people??  ::)

--- End quote ---

Well, MillerI didnt know that they piled it all that high :-\ ;) However it seemed good, but I just behave and have the posture of someone taller, LOL. The car shown was a base coupe (really cheap) no power seats with a height adjust, so probably a decent seating arrangement for all but the tallest with the power seats, go figure, but a good point, none the less.

--- End quote ---

FASTFREDDIE:
THAT BAD BOY MOTOR WAS HOPPED UP AND PUT IN STREAMLINER BODY AND TURNED 220+ AT BONNEVILLE CHECK IT OUT O0

Jake:
I think youre talking about the old "quad four'' , built by Bob Fueling?? that thing had the same bore/stroke, and valve count but was fabbed ground up for extreme flow. Oldsmobile started it. The new motor is called an ''Eco- tek'', is 2.2 liters, and a improved outgrowth of the quad four... makes 148 hp outa the box. also avail as a 2.4 L with 171 hp outa the box, (in the SS version)and both over 1 hp per cu. in. theres also a 2.0 L supercharged version of it, (also SS)but I dont like that due the roots type blower(too much heat, parasitic loss, and too much boost too soon on a teeny motor). I think a centi with the 2.4L would be a better way to go really fast, and buzz around town with less drama, more durability. In absence of the  blower , maybe a little p&p, exhaust clean up, and some other minor tweaking would make it a lot of fun....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version