It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: King George Inn and the upcoming Titanic Dinner  (Read 1664 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
King George Inn and the upcoming Titanic Dinner
« on: March 31, 2012, 06:51:13 PM »
In this area we have Emrils, Don Shulas and our own home town gem King George Inn.  Just came back from King George and dang nab-it the food is top notch.  Still as tasty as ever.  Sorry Emril but in my opinion the King George Inn has taken back the thrown as the best restaurant in the greater Allentown area.

For an appetizer I had portabella mushrooms topped with crab meat and other stuff.  It was fantastic.  For dinner I had scallops in a cream lime sauce and the Wife had chicken in a Dijon mustard sauce.  The food was top notch and none of the sauce was left.

While we were there we saw an advertisement for the Titanic dinner April 13, 2012.  This dinner starts with an open wine bar and has six courses of excellent food.  Here are the courses:
  • Consomme Olga with Sliced Sea Scallops.
  • Filet Mignon Lili with Foie Gras and Truffles.
  • Poached Salmon with Mousseline Sauce.
  • Asparagus Salad with Champagne Saffron Vinaigrette.
  • Champagne Sorbert (punch romaine).
  • Poached Peaches in Chartreuse Jelly.

After dinner have cordials, ports, coffee or tea.

Quote from: 1998 article Morning Call *updated price*
One wouldn't think people would clamor to board a sinking ship, but 42 "first-class" passengers paid handsomely for the opportunity at Friday night's R.M.S. Titanic Dinner at the King George Inn, Dorneyville. The $125-per-person,  event was designed to create the ambiance and feeling of the Titanic's first-class dining room, from the fashions and decor to the food. Many of the guests arrived for the event in Edwardian-style formal wear. Some men wore top hats and carried canes.

Ask for Cliff (610) 435-1723 to make reservations!
 :eaty:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 07:14:44 PM by J.Miller »
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM