It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: GM makes a bid for Chrysler!!  (Read 1733 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
GM makes a bid for Chrysler!!
« on: April 03, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »
Well this is interesting; GM makes a bid for Chrysler

Wow thatís a great ideaĖGeneral Motors, whose stock has gone from over $96 a share to $30 and change and who is losing $3.50 per share (est) this year, will bail out Chrysler, who has over $16,000,000,000 in unfunded healthcare liabilities, to say nothing about a product line that is not selling!!!  :'(

I do not profess to be a financial wizard so if someone out there understands this, please let me know.

On the bright side the Chrysler building is still standing in New York City. (Even if the company isnít.)  Sure glad Mercedes bailed them out!!!
 ::)
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
Re: GM makes a bid for Chrysler!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 12:51:12 AM »
Mercedes bailed Chrysler out?? :miller: You are insane!....
The way this old man sees it; Chrysler had survived , doing kinda ok, merged willingly with mercedes, then the **** Germans Took over the company like a buncha pirates! Drove out any car guys , replaced them with soulless bean counters from Munich, and  designers from their own school of 'design ugliness'
Not to be outdone by GM and their international awards for ugly car design, they choose to exceed GM in every possible way, and in true Teutonic determination have done so exceedingly well. meanwhile in the technical field, they ressurected the much vaunted 'HemI', which had seen better dayz (the 50's)and  made that the flagship engine, albeit not that powerful, or gas conserving , but outdated for retro lovers, go figure. Mercedes literally combined the worst features of both companies in their operations in the USA and abroad. Think of it
Dr.Z.... the spokesperson for Chrysler, for a little while , till it was discovered that people disliked him,naaah, make that despised him.  ;D :-\ O0
Oops! almost forgot to mention price structure.... They absolutely forgot about the little guy and also priced themselves outa bidness... sure make a big ugly truck tho' which oddly enough appeals to a certain fringe element looking for a daily driver monster truck...............
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 08:08:07 AM »
This has been in the rumor mill for a months. I heard about this in February
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 07:18:51 AM »
I thought some of the cars were not that bad looking???  Ugly!!!!

That is an idea, we outta start a New Car Pageant????  Miss Detroit!! Ha ha...
 ^-^
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM