+ ECRTcc opinion on Carlisle all Ford Nationals and Carlisle Adjustment

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: ECRTcc opinion on Carlisle all Ford Nationals and Carlisle Adjustment  (Read 544 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Since there are not enough 89-90 supercharged XR7's at Carlisle I will not argue with Carlisle's decision.  I agree  that the the 89-97 Class and 99-02 class should be separate!  Below is the email trail.

Quote from: ECRTcc.com
Rick,
The last two years the 89-97 Cougar class was changed to 89 and up.  The Cougars from 99-2002 are totally different.

Please note the following:

Seventh Generation (1989–1997) Cougar Coupe - Based on Ford Thunderbird platform
  3.8L V6 all years
  3.8L V6 supercharged 89-90 XR-7 - a Thunderbird super-coupe in a Cougar Body
  5.0L engine 91-93 XR-7
  4.6L engine 94-97 XR-7

Eighth Generation (1999–2002) Cougar Hatchback - Based on Ford Contour Platform
  2.5L V6

The seventh generation 89-97 Cougars do not belong in the same class as the newer eighth generation 99-02 Cougars.  These cars are not remotely similar in looks.  They should be separated as in the past.

Furthermore, the supercharged 89-90 does not fit in with the other Cougars.  Being the only supercharged Cougar they are better off broken out or parked near the 89-90 Thunderbird SC's.

J
ECRTcc.com

Hope this email finds you well and hope you had a delightful Thanksgiving holiday.

First off let me introduce myself, I am the new Event Manager for the Carlisle Ford Nationals event here at Carlisle Events.  Rick who you have dealt with over the past is no longer with this organization in any way, shape, or form.  Over the past few months that I have been here I have been going thru the vast unanswered emails regarding the 2012 Ford Nationals show.  I came across your message to Rick about the 7th and 8th Generation Cougars.  I completely agree with you on this point and I am not sure why a change hasn’t been made.  I concur the ‘99-’02 is a completely different platform and styling and should have its own separate class from the ’89-’97.  I am currently going thru adjusting classes at the moment for 2013 and will make those breaks in that.  Now regarding the ’89-’90 group, yes I agree with what you are saying but this is a class that cannot support itself on its own.  For you knowledge the 2012 class you are referring to has only averaged 7 vehicles over the past few years.  With that being said when we split the ’99-‘02’s off the ’89-’97 will only have 4 cars remaining in that class which is well below the recommended standard of minimum 10 in a class.  The ’89-’90 split I will not be able to do unless the registree base for the ’89-’97 improves to where it would need to be split which typically gets looked at when there is 20 or more in a class unless there is a significant platform difference like the 89-97 vs 99-02.

Those class changes I spoke of above will be taken care of when our registration system updates hopefully sometime around the holidays.

If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, please shoot me an email back or call me at the number listed below.

Best Regards,

Carlisle Ford Nationals
 :afto2:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most don’t think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM