birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: GB Running??  (Read 2700 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
GB Running??
« on: February 08, 2007, 07:10:58 AM »
Well after many years we have a report.  Once again Scotty has left a bolt in in engine and delayed the project but now there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=95233

It looks like they need a new fuel system.  As per my Fuel Injector/fuel pump calculator I tend to agree that the 255 LPH pump is too small.  For 500 HP you need a 320 LPH pump and 120 #/H fuel injectors!!!   8) 
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
Re: GB Running??
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:46:21 AM »
Nope! 160# injectors support 2,800 HP, and  80# well over 1,000HP, this based on discussions with FRPP Tech Support , as I had a set of the 160# ones that came with my engine. I think , first thing, they ought to look at 'somefink more basic', Like when's the last time the fuel filter been changed, or if its a "Scotty set up" with a special fuel filter from Tasmania, or Nova Scotia,(darn! think I 'tole' thet' there boy to get one of those good 'uns from patagonia??) then , the question is is it installed with the flow direction correct (not backward?).....Of course there are a lotta other considerations , but  454 Hp is easily surpassed with a kennebell boosta pump and some udder small variations  in fuel system such as Ramseys 650 RWHP  '04 4.6 Stang build.... of course he may have to up the ante with the new 5.o liter bored 4.6 he is building, for an owner who needes more power, LOL

Also, It's my understanding that it was a nut on a cam sprocket that went south on GB. But a bolt flying around the induction system has allready been tried, and corrected in an earlier build of his ::).... When we put the camz in big bird,  Acky sent me to the big partz srore to pick up some heavy duty thread locker for those cam sprocket nutz "just to be sure" ;D :D ;) ::)  Of course, without the financial support of the offshore banking system, anything like that would be a total disaster for me, not just a lil' set back that was minimal in nature for them. We hadda get 'er right the first time, even with my much more humble wants and needs.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:14:06 PM by Jake »
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
160# FUEL INJECTORS
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 05:50:03 PM »
;D;D I F :miller: SAYS THEY WORK THERE HAS GOT TO BE A REASON  :o :o  HE IS A NUT SO IT ILLUDES ME  O0 ^-^  GB IS YOUR BUD WHY NOT SEND HIM A SET FOR FREE  ::) ::)  DON'T BE A JESTER MAKE A NICE JESTER   :D :D
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 08:53:51 PM »
:jake: I would tend to agree with you if this was a normal car.  But GB is not just a car.  It is a phone-nom!!  Children wish they have it in their toy box....  Boys want to drive it and grown Men see it as a return to their childhood.  No matter how you look at it is a work of love!  Isn't that what car clubs are about??   8)

The calculator says for a pure race application you need 120 # injectors but for street use you need 55 # injectors.  As I see it, with the hundred of thousands of dollars put into that Cougar it was meant to drive down the track.  Hence, I recommended the pure race injectors!

I agree with :freddie:, why not give GB a gift of love??? :-* :flwr: :flwr: :-*
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:14:31 PM »
Golburg is a burdie not a couGrrr, Me thinks a 56  lb 'jector would do it all a way up the line, and same for fuel system, 255LPH is pretty stiff, add the T-rex or boosta pump , you should be good to go maybe alla way to 5500, 6500 rpmz, but you cant have any pinched or kinked fuel lines, as that 'efarts' everything.... and hey! I love Golburg and snotty!! problem is they tend to reject me, sob...not to worry tho, theres enough good will to go around if ya look for it... :o
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 07:39:11 AM »
They do like to ignore you...  Why is that???  >:(

Some updates...
Quote from: Dr. FrankenFritter
Some things never change...  :o

Quote from: J. D~bag (that was not nice)
Well after many years we have a report. Once again Scotty has left a bolt in in engine and delayed the project but now there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Now that is some funny stuff right there...  :D

Sorry I call them as I see them.  You did brag about eating bolts and all...  Still a fabulous job there big guy...

Quote from: GB
That's what I wanna know......   ^-^

... but seriously, folks:

After extensively researching several options, the fuel delivery system is re-engineered and in the process of being installed.  Installation entails dropping the tank, gutting the intank pump and pickup and having a custom pickup welded up.  It also entails Scott dropping the rear suspension and probably the IRS subframe as well.  Some additional electrical devices will be installed to help regulate the fuel temps, which can be an issue in the summer in Florida when using a high output fuel pump for street stop and go driving, and long highway trips.

I will probably post up a thread explaining the new system, and if we all play nice, maybe Scott will post some pix of the install.

Next we'll tackle the belt slip issue.  That plan is still developing.

There is also a lot of cabin work to be done - sound and heat insulation and new carpet to install; pods and guages to install; rear seat to re-fit and install; etc.

The good news is that Moroso is open 12 months a year, so whenever she returns she can debut.

As for Mr. :moe:, doesn't it warm your heart to know he still cares??  ...  : :P

Yes I do care...  That is one sweet Car.  Love the Dyno shot and all...  Gotta keep up with all the new stuff...  Looking forward to the fuel system changes... :-[  Need some help just let me know, I have a knack to do things right the first time!!  :-*
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:46:54 AM by J.Miller »

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 08:28:44 AM »
You have a knack for doing things right the first time??? :miller: ,theres nothing like tooting your own a bit is there??? youre sounding more like "them" all'a time, go figure.
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 12:19:43 PM »
And "anudder thing!" youse guys get a 10 yd penalty for taunting. To be assaessed at the kickoff..... cant you let it be? They both have waaaay too much on their plates as it is, without confuseing the issue,LOL ::)

(See Scott and golburg; I am not allways pickin' on you.Its a few others that want a piece of you these dayz.........wonder why?)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:37:45 PM by Jake »
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 09:53:54 AM »
You have a knack for doing things right the first time??? :moe: ,theres nothing like tooting your own a bit is there??? youre sounding more like "them" all'a time, go figure.

Could it be that I secretly deep down inside want to join the gang?  :catn:

I mean they are good guys and all...  They seem to be spending more money then they should...  I guess I look at that spectacular project and think to myself:  Boy I love to help them succeed.  That is that nasty good streak that you seem to always rub in my face!!   :o

Alas, they are way too strong willed to accept advice from others.  Yet, I try and all they do seem to do is act like I am making fun of them.  I am giving out all that love and getting nothing but rejection in return...   :flwr:

The way I look at it is they are on the East Coast and they are fanatical about cars...  Abit a little misguided still they are ECRT material and are welcome here anytime they want to drop on bye.   :gdpst:

Hopefully, even though :jake: and them tend to agree to disagree the contrast in opinion would be a benefit to all...    :daz:  It is what we call here free speech!!! :soapb:

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 08:01:30 PM »
Baaah! Humbug! Sounds as tho youre selling out to the dark side?? Next thing we will be seeing you and Darrin playing 'kisseyface' in the parking lot ;D :o :)
ROTFLMAO!  :miller: , you take the cake, frosting and all!
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 10:23:39 PM »
Speaking of sell outs!!!  >:(

Lock time has been applied to this thread  :-[
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 10:54:16 PM by J.Miller »

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
I protest! Unfair !! werent gonna pile on!
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 11:02:05 PM »
Locking a thread?? unheard of here,LOL........I protest. Any poor schmuck, in a moment of stupisery(theres the new word again ) could forget a lil HD Locktite, and an xtra grunt on one of them there cam sprocket boltz, and certainly I wouldnt make a mockery of someone who 'dint git 'er right' happens alla time I guess? >:( :(

But heey! they said a "nut" , & alls I can come up with is boltz!! in any case sneaky lil' buggers, and anyone could miss those suckers, huh?? :-\ :-[ ???
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
Re: I protest! Unfair !! werent gonna pile on!
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 11:25:50 PM »
BTW, Scott if and when you read this , I can assure you no one here wants to "pile on" about your loose cam sprocket bolt..... after all, you were man enuff to admit the Ignomious mistake (or was it Globurg?) and no one should give you a bad time about it..... heck ,after putting my beloved brides taurus back together, she asked me what the heck were those extra bolts/nut in the partz box, and I 'tole' her, " 'iffen' there 'warnt' more than 4 parts left over, I figgure it should be good to go!" O0
Of greater concern, is what is the fuel prob? we all need to be enlightened about things like that for our own benefit and edification.....I'm guessing , based on current state of the art, youre shooting for 800-850 RWHP, someplace around 6500 RPM or more, and you still have a way to go? Be sure and keep us posted on the next developnents....

GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
WTF!!?? You all know I Yam a full growed professional sailor man, and therefore dislike the C.G.  .........Now, who is the wise guy changed my avatar??? I dont like being as-ociated with Holligan's Navy (G.D. Amateurs!) now unlock that sucker and give me back my Sancho Panza avatar....... >:( :( :censor: :censor: :censor:
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 10:37:45 PM »
WTF!!?? You all know I Yam a full growed professional sailor man, and therefore dislike the C.G.  .........Now, who is the wise guy changed my avatar??? I dont like being as-ociated with Holligan's Navy (G.D. Amateurs!) now unlock that sucker and give me back my Sancho Panza avatar....... >:( :( :censor: :censor: :censor:
Gee I thought you where a Coasty I liked the avatar but :miller: must be playing games with you :jake:.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.