It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: High Performance RevMax Torque Converters  (Read 1375 times)

Joe H

• Street Racer
High Performance RevMax Torque Converters
« on: April 06, 2013, 12:35:07 AM »
Never heard of RevMax converters.  I had both ProTorque and Dirty :::::dog::::: converters.  I liked the ProTorque better. 

Hope you added a transmission cooler too.  Now I am curious, what is with your motor?

Maybe the mechanic did not install the brace because he did not know how.  I always give mechanics instructions for special parts.

Hey J

Look at this B.S.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=136889

Motor is basically stock bro.
I wanted to restore car and get it right and the drop in something like an Aluminator or a crate motor

but upper management gave me some chit about some lady calling in on me saying I was driving 10 mph over the speed limit on the Interstate in Norfolk Va.

Near tons of Military bases and just keeping pace of traffic passing State Cops on side of road because everyone (during rush hour is doing 70) everyone

He told me there won't be a warning next time..............

I said don't worry.

THERE WON'T BE A NEXT TIME.

so.................my job went poof

so did my restoration  :'(

It's got 355 posi gears
P.I. Intake
Dragon Plenum
C&L MAF
SCP t.b.
kooks headers
mandrell true duals with high flow converters
Gonna get a good balanced steel Damper only

motor..........uhm.....i think thats it for now

HEY GUYS !

I got a nice pair of 04 Mustang GT HEADS I was going use but hell..........
after seeing what trick flow and Modular etc. etc. sell bolt on heads for I'm not going to use them

I got 4 good stock rims for 97 thunderbird lx <<< not sport
A dorman piece of chit intake in good condition
errrrrr............what else

be back later
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:19:56 AM by J.Miller »

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: High Performance Torque Converters
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 08:18:44 AM »
Quote from: DingyDog
The converter has a one way clutch. Being a 9.5 inch unit it is made from a front wheel drive GM converter. The sonnax kit comes with the race to use the stock roller clutch, for low power cars it will work but really needs some lubrication issues fixed to survive much abuse. Mechanical diode and sprag style assemblies are available. I include them on some models and make them optional on others. What matters is the lockup system. A carbon clutch alone does not make a good converter. These units with stock fwd gm lockup pistons and a ring welded to the front cover are all too common. This company I am familiar with they are the ebay advertisers with too good to be true statements. For now I don't know much about their products so break one and we will see how it goes.....It takes about 6-8 hours to properly assemble any decent race converter, at minimum. I will not mig weld inside a converter because of the slag getting use in the unit, but it does make the process much faster. Unless someone is giving this place their parts for free or they are holding people at gunpoint to do the work they cannot be doing it right for the money. In time we will find out what the deal is. I barely scrape by charging what I charge, are these people just filthy rich and want to give away the product? All the other companies prices are higher than mine but this one is much lower. It doesn't make sense....

Maybe I am incorrect but I believe ReVmax is out of Arizona.  Are they are sneaking illegals over to build TQ's for less?  Dingy should call the Authorities!  :hide:

I have to admit that years ago Dingy revolutionized the torque converter industry. :jake: and I were witnesses to Dingy's business start-up...  He was once a friend of ours before he sold his soul and went to the Darkside...

DingyDog was working at a transmission shop.  I took plenty of pictures for him...  some he still uses...  He decided to sneak in there at night to build and sell TQ's with his bosses tooling and possibly material.  For some reason his boss must have asked for a cut.  Oh NO!!!!  How dare he!!!  Dingy turned into "Greedy Gertrude" and refused.  So he was fired!

Dingy decided to start his own business.

Since Dingy's old boss changed the locks he had to find a contractor to build his torque converters.  :jake: reported to me how Dingy traveled around the country looking for TQ shops to build to his specifications.

One time Dingy called me.  He wanted me to get me to have one of my draftsmen to draw what he called a billet TQ cover. It was not machined out of aircraft aluminum, instead it was stamped.  I could not get my name something that I consider false.

In the end, Dingy decided to sell his soul and join with what :jake: used to call the Darkside a/k/a tccoa sales & marketing elite.  They set him up with a Muscle Mustang Fast Fords Article and something to get started.

The truth be told, the reason Dingy's TQ are more expensive because they have double mark-up's on them.  First the cost and profit for the contractor to make them plus Dingy's profit.

Suffice to say that it seems there are many TQ companies that now build a performance torque converter.  Here are some assumptions as to why there are so many TQ companies are out there:
  • Dingy may not have had a Non Disclosure Agreement with the shops.  So they took his design.
  • Others simply cracked open and reverse engineered his TQ's.
  • He is a Greedy Gertrude and may have pissed off several shops and had multiple suppliers, some of which became competitors...

Who knows...  maybe...  just maybe...  Revmax makes DingyDog Torque Converters?
 :dpee:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:32:54 AM by J.Miller »
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: High Performance RevMax Torque Converters
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 07:54:50 PM »
It seems that Dingy has another satisfied customer...

:surr:

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:53:09 PM by J.Miller »
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Joe H

• Street Racer
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 11:02:33 PM »
okay

progress report

it was the best price for what i got    :afto2:

they gave me a free upgrade because i talked nice to them :afto2:

it works great :afto2:

it locks in a thousand times better than a stock converter :afto2:
you can tell when you are in high gear and driving lightly on the gas you can watch the tach and see it lock in

it locks in great :afto2:

it stalls great :afto2:

so far all i have is praise for them

I was a Ford parts manager and have sold Ford parts for over 20 years

I tell it like it is.......................so far....................perfect. :clap:

Joe H

• Street Racer
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 11:11:29 PM »
In reply to
JMILLERS post on dingdong

I was a Ford parts salesman and Manager for over 20 years.

HERE IS AN ANALOGY

Walmart orders 50,000 thousand  Motorcraft oil filters at one time and gets a special discount.
They then distribute them around the country to their individual stores.

OKAY:

TRUE STORY:

AT ONE TIME MANY YEARS AGO:

I ........WHILE AN ACTIVE FORD PARTS MANAGER COULDN'T BUY MOTORCRAFT OIL FILTERS EITHER FROM THE MOTORCRAFT DISTRIBUTER OR FROM FOMOCO ON MY STOCK ORDER AS CHEAP AS WALMART WAS BACK IN THE 80'S

SO.......................It's fair to say that one   individual can't compete with large companies

my cat is attacking me cuz too much attention on keyboard
dang pusscat
i'd like to talk more bout this but he's attacking me
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 09:55:38 PM by J.Miller »

Joe H

• Street Racer
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 02:04:08 AM »

WOW !

That's a plain dishonest ripoff !

After reading that If I was the owner of the website I'd ban that mf from ever posting again. I wouldn't want that con man ripping off the people on my website.

The reason he's so high on his prices is because he can only rip off the person once.
He knows he isn't going to get any repeat business.................because he's a ripoff.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 09:55:53 PM »
my cat is attacking me cuz too much attention on keyboard
dang pusscat
i'd like to talk more bout this but he's attacking me

Mine gets pissed too but it has not learned the keyboard trick.  Silly putty...  It comes running here making a racket, purrs around my legs and then either sits down in view and stares at me or try's to get my attention by jumping in the window.  At times wear ear muffs so I can type!
 :djs:
Our :freddie: has it worse.  When he ignores His cats they go outside and jump on his cars... along with some loud caterwauling!  Gets his attention every time!
 :catn:

EDIT 7/31:  Honestly the "satisfied customer..." link is confusing to me.  At first it seemed the dingy ripped him off.  Later I discovered it was a used transmission.  Not sure of the promises made.  I am sure it was well taken care of and it did not meet the owners expectations.  All in all I hate to say it but it seems that for at least one instance dingy may have not done that bad?
 ::)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:54:26 PM by J.Miller »

Joe H

• Street Racer
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 11:22:33 PM »
Maybe,

But I'm not paying his prices.

I also don't believe that his products are superior to most of the big companies out there.
It's not rocket science and there isn't any big  unknown secrets  out there on how to build a reliable performance transmission or torque converter.

These products have been on the market for decades so I'm sure that there plenty of people who know how to build these things.

Also.......................who is more likely to honor a warranty should something going wrong ?

A one man operation who has an extremely tight budget and has problems making   
ends meet ?   :naww::nono:
or...........
A very large corporation who can afford to replace or fix a mistake ? :afto2:

I'll let you decide.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 08:52:24 PM »

Just when I think it is all over he does it again.   I feel sorry for poor ole "sleeper bird".  The "No good deed goes unpunished....." comment means he will be shunned and staled for sure!  Dingy will have his REVENGE!
  :flam:

Joe H

• Street Racer
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 04:42:20 PM »
Well...........................Did he supposedly rebuild it?

Cause............I didn't read it all but I did go back and read the first page.

ON THE FIRST PAGE HE MENTIONS PURCHASING A LOW MILEAGE USED UNIT and then goes on to say where he buys them from.

and sounds like he  said he got  a stock unit

SO......................seems to me that it must have been a used tranny because he doesn't put ALL stock parts in his overhauls.

right ???

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 08:15:53 PM »
First off I think you are looking at the fist thread.  Look at the second link.

Once again the story is fuzzy.  :dog: says it was used.  But the buyer paid $1750.  Our FF buys used SC transmissions for $250.  I paid $250 for one too.   :hide:

The bottom line is :dog: is showing poor customer service, once again making threats and as expected he emails his confidants to post in his favor.  You forget, :jake: and I once hung with him and his crew.  I remember how :dog: went after DR tooth an nail.  Followed him all over the internet.  I remember getting emails from :dog: informing me of posts where someone did not shine the correct light on him asking me to go hither and protect his honor.  We parted ways...  He then decided to go after me.  Big mistake!  I am simply am too honest for his BS. 

I am glad I have a local Tranny expert I trust.  :dog: needs to be  put on a :dpee: .
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:22:27 PM by J.Miller »

Joe H

• Street Racer
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 05:30:33 PM »
I see.

Yeah the price pretty much shows it.

Man..........................

I don't want to piss anybody off right now while I'm waiting for a 425 dollar sct x3 program

so....................

for now..............

I'll just say..........................MAN

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 08:04:12 PM »
I am amending my words and casting the vote that Dingy :dog: is bonkers.  Nuts....  Crazy!

Check this out:  http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131503
 :o

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 10:15:34 AM »
 WHY DO THINK HE,S CALLED DIRTY :dog: ???  >:( >:(  :-\ THE NAME FITS !!! >:D >:D
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

Joe H

• Street Racer
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 11:49:29 AM »
has image of a nasty bulldog with an oozing arsehole :porain: