It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: the Bookstore speakeasy  (Read 1221 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
the Bookstore speakeasy
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:21:06 AM »
Saturday it was treat the wife out night for a Valentines dinner.  This year we went to the Bookstore Speakeasy.  Yes I said Speakeasy.

The entrance is in the back basement.  It is a sunken black door with white words saying:  the Bookstore.  They open at 5 PM and if you get there early you will have to wait.

I walk in and there is a table and curtains.  Jazz music in the background.  Lots of books on the wall.  We give the password and they bring us through black curtains into the back of the building.  There is a bar and tables scattered all around.  There are plenty of vertical support beams with black drapes tied to each one.  The room is dark and there are several early 1900's paintings o the wall.  An old upright piano rests against one wall.  At any moment you expect a police raid or a gangster to walk in.

We sat down at our candle lit table and there rested a book.  The wife opened it up to discover that the menu was taped inside the pages of the book.

We told the waitress our favorite drinks and asked them to make us something special.  According to the book you can get anything you want except for a Long Island Iced tea.  The drinks came back with large ice cubes in the center and were excellent!

For appetizers I ordered bacon wrapped scallops and seafood bisque.  She ordered Stuffed mushrooms.  For dinner I had the swordfish and she had a Fillet Mignon wrapped in bacon.  The food was excellent and for those inquiring minds the bisque was a spicy tomato style.  She raved how the steak melted in her mouth.

I definitely recommend this place.  If you do not like loud music get there before 7PM.  After 7PM on some nights there is a Jazz band and the music gets loud.  It is no cheap so you will not see riff raff like our ::freddie:: there.  But it is well worth it.  :eaty:

The Bookstore Speakeasy
336 Adams St, Bethlehem, PA 18015
(610) 867-1100
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM