birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Holy smoke batman! Theyre all over the place!  (Read 1709 times)

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
Holy smoke batman! Theyre all over the place!
« on: March 13, 2007, 09:49:29 PM »
Well, as you know I have been going to car shows as a fun way to offer my car for sale....Anyhow, finally went to a smaller Sat. nite show at Hardee's in Weeki Wachie. The Organizer, a fellow named Larry gave me a copy of Mike Kellys "Cruzin News" which lists every car show in Florida,. I guess they are called cruise ins here... no entry fees most of the time, just 50/50, door prizes , raffles, informal judging for those that bother to register. periodically they will have a judged show, entry fees, etc.....Amazing thing is within 20-30 miles of my house are 9 different shows every week! they are all over the Place , I cant believe it !
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday..(Sunday Monday, and Tuesday are dead tho' :-\ )........There's another one about 40 miles from here I also want to make, but need to see someone for more info at tomorrows shows, Yup, gonna try to make 2 in one nite! Thats juust nuts! I bet If :miller: knew that, I would have had a house guest this winter? Only problem is i would insist on a trip to the strip to wring that kitty out , cause I am not bashful about brunning at the strip,LOL
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Holy smoke batman! Theyre all over the place!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 07:10:55 AM »
Oh no!!!  Two shows in one day?  Sounds like you are on your way to become another Fast :freddie:!!!!  :o :o :o :o

All you ned to do is actually get a trophy or two...  ^-^
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »
Naaah, you get trophys . I GO FAST..... I did two ,but one was small, hadda skip supper... tomorrows the biggie, but I dunno, kinda tired , plus the turkey that runs it and I arent getting along, go figure, so maybe I will stay home tomorrow? This staying out all nite (past 9P.M.) is starting to wear on this old man.
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 03:29:36 PM »
 WHAT :D DID YOU SEE THE CAPED ONE :o  IM STILL LOOKING FOR HIM :'( SINCE THE NJ SHOW 2 YEARS AGO  :-\SOMEONE PLEASE FIND HIM FOR ME :D SOOONNNNNNNN O0
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 07:19:54 PM »
Batman is in New Jersey and drives a Camero!!

He found Robin in PA because the minimum wage is less in that state!!  O0
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Smuggler
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 07:55:53 PM »
Let see Florida good weather plenty of retired people with plenty of time on their hands so why not have cruise nights. In the summer up here Tues. is Cruz at the Fudd and then theres one every night except Mondays.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 12:05:58 PM »
Yup, went to two wednesday, tho one was kinda small ...petering out.... went to one yesterday too ,the big one, big crowd , "organizer who is sorta aggressive, and no manners.. kinda got into it with him last week, this week he avoided me like poison, and I dunno why? Today there is rain, and wont go anyplace, just rest, but two more on Saturday... will go to farthest one , about 30 miles, look around, see whats shaking.....................
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 07:10:25 PM »
You went to two shows this week and did not post a signal picture???  Bad boy!!
 :banhm:

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Smuggler
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 07:49:07 PM »
:jake: like to tease :miller:, :freddie:, and :ralph: that he goes to these cruzin meet tells us how good they are but the last pic he posted was an old hot rodder in modded wheel chair.  :P  >:D  O0
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 10:43:36 PM »
Aaaah! ,just too too lazy to take the pics, and busy bs'ing with everyone... Went to another one , tonite , ust'a be pretty big, but only a few cars (abut 10 ) showed up.Weather forecast was for rain , but it was nice , maybe thats the reason, tho someone said it was too cold (73 degrees!).. I coulda saved the gas/time... I am going to another one a little farther away tomorrow nite .... see how that works for me.... :-\
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 07:44:38 AM »
He went to several earlier this week and two last night!!  >:(  Yet, we do not have a single Florida car show picture to make us feel warm and happy!   :(  No, he is too busy giving some New Yorker the evil finlander eye for making him move his car...   :o Come on at least, get us a picture of the New Yorker giving you the NY City symbol of peace and love...  :popc:

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 01:49:52 PM »
OK, here are a couple of nice Chebbys that I liked a lot; first one in lt grey primer.

the engine bay contains a nicely appointed crate motor;

anudder chebby, with a great paintjob.....

They were both at the Sat nite show at Hardees, in Weekie  Watchee
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Smuggler
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 02:00:27 PM »
Ha :jake: when you go to some of these cruz nights why don't you give out some business card and advertise the club for new members.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.