It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Poll

Do you want to buy my car

yes
0 (0%)
no
1 (33.3%)
bannanas
2 (66.7%)
maybe
0 (0%)
yes
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: 88 cougar for sale  (Read 2983 times)

KevSha

• Slot Car
88 cougar for sale
« on: April 02, 2007, 12:42:02 AM »
ok, all i saw was the post ne poll button so...: i am selling my cougar, this is a definate now. my parents are getting on my case hardcore about it, and i don't have the myney to put into it. I really would rather not sell it, but its come to this. well, here is the scoop:

1988 Cougar XR7 Oxford white red leather inside: intirior is in good shape, few cracks in leather and dash. has an aftermarket head unit, the brand escapes me at the moment

5.0 HO: motor is out of a 93 mustang, just installed a new harmonic balancer yesterday. motor has about 90,000 miles on it give or take

Trans: fairly new T-5 with a hurst short throw shifter, King Cobra clutch, billet steel flywheel, and BBK adjustable caple/quadrant.

Wheels:16" pony wheels

Brakes: Front frakes have been converted to Turbo Coupe brakes. brand new motor craft pads, new bearings and caliper to body lines and master cylinder. and i did a frsh alignment when i did the brakes, everything was in spec.

Exhaust:  stock shortie headers, Mac offroad H-Pipe, 2 Flowmaster 40 seriese mufflers.

One thing you should know, this vehicl is not "street Leagal" in that it has no CATs (note the off-road h-pipe above) if you buy it you will need to puts cats on it, or have a buddy "inspect" it (also illigal the way) or collectors insure it. However i did run the car through with cats and it passed, however the inspection ran up in the time between the trans blew and right now.

I hope to actually have i back on the road again for a little while. but i'll try and get some pics up

right now since the trans blew i have put 1,500 worth of parts in it, so i am asking 1,800 for it, but if there are no takers that will come down i am sure as my dad keeps getting on my case.
96 Thunderbird LX 3.8
new head gaskets
daily driver

1990 Thunderbird Soupercoupe
103k miles
black on black

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: 88 cougar for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:18:58 PM »
How about some pictures???   :o
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

KevSha

• Slot Car
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 01:40:51 PM »
must find website to host pics....
96 Thunderbird LX 3.8
new head gaskets
daily driver

1990 Thunderbird Soupercoupe
103k miles
black on black

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 07:19:26 AM »
If you make the total less than 128K you can click in the lower left corner on "Additional Options..." and download up to 4 attachments per post.
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM