birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Aluminum radiator!!  (Read 1160 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Aluminum radiator!!
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:12:27 AM »
Yesterday I ordered my new Radiator.  Every two years I have to get a new radiator so this time I went for broke.  Why mess around, I went for the Griffin Super High Capacity ALUMINUM Radiator!

Race Quality, direct fit, 50% increase in capacity. Rated to 600 HP. Solve your high heat problems with this high capacity, direct replacement radiator. Stunning good looks and cooling ability make this your radiator of choice when your junky plastic factory radiator blows out.

The Super High Capacity units feature large 1 1/4" tubes, while the High Capacity units feature 1" tubes. Both offer a substantial cooling improvement over a regular brass radiator and they are no comparison to the inferior plastic stock units.

Special order only. Delivery is available in approx. 2 - 4 weeks, depending upon Griffin backlog.

I picked it from Bill at http://supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?category=52
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Re: Aluminum radiator!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »
Every two years I have to get a new radiator so this time I went for broke. 
Why did you have to get a new radiator every two years? Don't get me wrong I too will be getting a new radiator when I complete the DOHC swap but if you do a cooling system flush once a year and replenish the system with a 50/50 of antifreeze and distilled water your system should stay rust free. 
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 06:19:02 PM »
The stock radiator was marginal for the 5.4L to begin with.  When it got older it lost some capacity.  When I added 40 more HP it was no longer able to keep up!   8)
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 06:25:33 PM »
I can relate to that. I'm just going to DOHC and want to increase the flow. I thought you had already increased the the size of the radiator didn't no you where still using the stock radiator
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 07:13:19 AM »
I have been using a stock radiator.  Humm, I guess it is time to look at a high flow fan????  You think?  Or should I try the stock fan?  :o

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 02:18:31 PM »
Just watch the current draw on the fan motor. More fan blade pitch will increase the current draw.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.