It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Junior and his squeak  (Read 1061 times)

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Junior and his squeak
« on: November 25, 2006, 08:18:12 AM »
Well I had it Junior was doing his rant about the squeaking  coming from the one of the fan belt pulley’s so I told him you use the car and if it bothered you that much you buy the pulley. While I was doing the intake and I had the fan belt removed to take off the alternator my son shows up with a new idler pulley at least he got it before I had put the alternator on but I wished he asked first. After the intake was complete and back together I started the engine and guess what still squeaking he was p****d and I laughed I had been telling him it was the tension pulley. Well when we where figuring out what we need to get the engine running right I got tiered of the squeak so I bought the tension pulley and put it in when I was doing a plug and wire change since the plug wires where under the alternator and it was easier to remove the alternator the tension pulley looked easy but you have to take off the egr vacuum control solenoid and the coil pack just to get to the pulley and then the belt but well worth the effort.
Idler pulley: $22.95
Tension pulley: $59.95
No SQUEAK: PRICELESS     
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Junior and his squeak
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 10:21:45 PM »
Here here...  Good to replace them anyways.  I have seen them fail with as little as 60,000 miles...  It would have suked if it failed when you were on a trip!!!    :viol:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most don’t think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 12:05:59 AM »
Here here...  Good to replace them anyways.  I have seen them fail with as little as 60,000 miles...  It would have suked if it failed when you were on a trip!!!    :viol:

Oh I do agree better to replace it before it fails but I'm scratching my head just trying to get the car running first not to get into more trouble with pulleys.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 03:41:58 PM »
You no that the replacement of the tension pulley wouldn't be bad if you didn't have to take the passenger side coil pack and the vacuum control solenoid. It is not a differcult job but you have to remove these items because they shear mounting studs off the block and head. The hole job took 30 minutes it would of been nice if there where only two size socket and wrenches but it took four different size sockets and two different size wrenches.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.