birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: problems help  (Read 1234 times)

fallen4

• Match Box
problems help
« on: June 28, 2007, 09:10:15 AM »
ok so ive been haveing problems with my 5.4...this is what happens wen i put it in gear and start going.(i have the back wheels off ground.)then wen i put the brake on it starts to sputter and backfire???and the rpms drop.then wen i let off the brake it stops...and if im on the brakes then switch from like drive to reverse it stops for like 3 seconds.ive been told it might be my stall converter is loose or gonna go?any ideas?the sputter is bad it almost stalls thats what it sounds like to me...and i was told the car needed brake work wen i got it but he never said what it needs...and its a 1999 5.4 triton in my 95 bird.any idea what it could be?and i droped the pan yesturday and change the trans filter and pan gasket.and i started it(its been hard to start the last few times).then i tryed to put the super chip in that was for the 4.6.and wen i start it it normally maked like a glunk glunk noise now its all one motion even after i took the chip out(it wont let it keep trying to turn over like it used to it get to a certain and stops?)?and the fuel pump also got louder?so know i cant start the car?but the otor sound different in a good way and its also not as loud?and its th 95 trans

here is a vid it has sound.its like the harder i hit the brake the worst it is. ull see how bad it gets at the end of the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8KHTG-wYag

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Re: problems help
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:43:19 AM »
WOW I notice on the dash your MIL indicator is on do you no what the codes are and did you get the EEC from the vehicle the motor came from if not start with the 5.4 program burned into your EEC.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

fallen4

• Match Box
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:04:15 AM »
WOW I notice on the dash your MIL indicator is on do you no what the codes are and did you get the EEC from the vehicle the motor came from if not start with the 5.4 program burned into your EEC.
well i forgot to say i dont have exhuast yet and i dont have a tune.its the 95 tbird eec.and what is mil?

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 02:01:06 PM »
 :P :P :-[ NEED MORE INFO  :) :) A 5.4l IS NOT STOCK  :o :o  WHAT DO YOU HAVE THAT IS NOT STOCK?   O0 O0
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

fallen4

• Match Box
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 02:43:23 PM »
:P :P :-[ NEED MORE INFO  :) :) A 5.4l IS NOT STOCK  :o :o  WHAT DO YOU HAVE THAT IS NOT STOCK?   O0 O0

mods that i know of:
highrise intake(there were some places for hoses that i pluged)
3.73 posi
96 rear disc brakes(was told needs brake work)
aluminum drive shaft
2400 stall converter
is that all u need to know?
thats all i know of.

and j.:miller: i got the car from this guy if u remember him
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=55629&highlight=5.4+triton

fallen4

• Match Box
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 07:00:22 PM »
now wen i start it somthins turnin but not the crank...gpa say maybe the crankshaft broke???any ideas that a new problem.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 08:21:21 PM »
and j.:moe: i got the car from this guy if u remember him
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=55629&highlight=5.4+triton

I have never spoke with that guy and do not know anything about him except for that one thread.

Oh man...  The poor engine!   Why are you running it with the exhaust removed and a EEC program for a 4.6L?

Quote from: fallen4
here is a vid it has sound.its like the harder i hit the brake the worst it is. ull see how bad it gets at the end of the vid.

You have several problems:

1. One is that the car should operated when it is in a state of repair.
2. I think you may have a short.  It is hard to tell.  But that could be a wire touching when running it in a state of repair.
3.  Get here back together and then tow here to a dyno shop.  If you can not drive tow her back afterwards.
 :D
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

fallen4

• Match Box
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 08:34:08 PM »
the exhuast i can hook up the right flange is hittin frame...so im tryin to vget money to have it out on.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 08:54:33 PM »
Do what I did grind the exhaust header a tad and hit the frame with a big old hammer.   :D :D :D :D

O0
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

fallen4

• Match Box
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 09:02:02 PM »
is that what you really did?

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 09:14:25 PM »
Oh yea!  A BIG ole hammer too!  Gotta have one!   >:D >:D  I hit:  Both sides of the frame to fit the exhaust headers, the brake booster to fit the engine (but now you can replace the booster with a smaller one) and the inner fender to fit my intake tube.   Well Rob had the pleasure to finish the intake part to fit the hood...  He had a bigger hammer than me...  :P