It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: I finally had it with Tstats ride.  (Read 1437 times)

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
I finally had it with Tstats ride.
« on: October 27, 2007, 12:30:45 PM »
OK I finally had it with the ride I was getting from Tstats so my son ( the member Tsats) and I decided it was time to take care of this now it can not wait any longer. After some discussion we came to the opinion we want to stiffen up the ride so we bought the 1'.25" front and rear sway bars from Jegs.com we all so went with the Koni adjustable shocks from AJUSA.com and since we need to remove the front springs to replace the shocks we decided we would change the springs and lower the ride height 1" with vogtland springs from Bill at SuperCoupePerformance.com. We are still waiting for the spring witch is being drop shipped from Vogtland USA out in CA. More to come.   
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: I finally had it with Tstats ride.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 05:28:42 PM »
Oh I know what this is about...  You want it fixed soon so you do not have chauffeur the kid around town.  Like he wants you to dive him-around anyway???   :o

Besides once you get that monster engine in that car she will not be road worthy during winter months.  Better save up for a winter beater! 
 :mexiw:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 10:08:14 PM »
I No ??? My nephew has a Geo. I told Tommy I was going to have him sell it to my son 35 - 40 miles to the gallon I've been told.  O0 No the shocks are gone I'm getting floaty and bouncy ride. There is also more body roll also. Looks like the spring for the motor. 
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 06:58:25 AM »
When are we going to get some pictures?   O0
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 07:21:58 PM »
Well I will do it when I get Tommy to put the pictures in my photo book and I will set up my gallery.  :worship:
Tstats is now in the shop and I'm glad I had the work done instead of doing it myself. The rear sway springs and shocks where the easiest but when it came to the front oh boy. To get it out they had to raise the K member I found out that is how the manual tells you to do it then the front shocks using Koni shocks you have gut out the internals of your old shock and install a shock insert into the old shock body and then place the new springs onto the shock. While doing all this work the mechanic notice that the strut bar bushing was destroyed which needed to be replaced before they did a four wheel alignment. I get the car back tomorrow and can't wait to take it for a ride to see how it handles.  :drv: :nos:   
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 02:08:52 PM »
OK it is done I got Tstats back this morning and I took it for a spin on a local road with a lot of s-curves and boy was it planted it hugged the road and went thew the curves with no problems.  :drv: It handles better than new there is no more body roll and performs great.  :drv:
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 07:20:14 AM »
Good news.  I hope you have some strong springs in the front.  That DOHC will tend to lift the front end.  How about a list of part numbers and prices?   :o

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 03:38:11 PM »
Good news.  I hope you have some strong springs in the front.  That DOHC will tend to lift the front end.  How about a list of part numbers and prices?   :o
Vogtland only has two sets of spring for the Tbird/Cougar one that lowers the car 1 inch and the other sets lowered to 1.6 inch's $219 + S&H from Super Coupe Performance. The Koni Shocks where purchased from AJUSA.com for $509.88 free S&H. The sway bars are Addco 1.25 inches and the best price was from Jegs both for 307.98 with free S&H and $160.00 for  bushing and front end parts. The labor was $60.00 an hour and was $740.00 total the hole job when all said and done was $1940.00
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 11:15:04 AM »
I can't wait to see it!   O0