It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Help with SC in York, PA area!  (Read 574 times)

Bacondoggy

• Match Box
Help with SC in York, PA area!
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »
I am looking for a knowledgeable mechanic (or anyone who would be willing to help me for some extra money) for a thunderbird supercoupe. I posted a link with the sccoa here:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91901
I have't gotten a response yet, and in case you don't want to read through the whole link, I have a 1991 SC w/ 70k (orig.) miles, and rebuilt the engine with my grandfather/dad about 3 years or so ago, and only drove the car maybe a few thousand miles since then (due to it not running right and I lost my license). I swapped out to another stock TB (NEW IAC, tps) Tried numerous MAF's, and the car just misses REALLY bad at the low end. I am pretty sure there is no vac leak, either. Arrgh - I am so frustrated with it, and now that I am getting my license back in the next few months, I will need it fixed so I can go places! Anyone in the area willing to help a 26 year old who recently got home from the 82nd airborne, please let me know, or e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks again!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Help with SC in York, PA area!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 08:23:38 PM »
Did it run right before you changed the TB and Mass?  What other electrical work was done?

Did you search the tech section at SCCOA under TPS and made all the adjustmnets and voltage readings?

By the way :freddie: was 82nd Airborne 17th Cav and he jumped out of 119's, 123's and 130's and he is a real big nut cast?  I am sure he will help if he can?
 :D :D :D :D :D
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM