birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Flyer's ?  (Read 1065 times)

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Flyer's ?
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:39:33 AM »
What is up with the Flyer's they already had two players out on league suspensions for rule violations and yesterday afternoon I watched the most cowardly hit in hockey the hit from behind. Here is a link to read [url][http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=341397/url].
I refereed hockey for 22 years from youth to college and this was the hit that all the leagues strictly enforced and there should be nor gray area on this hit.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Flyer's ?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »
I dunno.   :(  But with all those NE wins I am debating starting a forum topic called " :ralph:'s Sports Challenge"??   :'( :-* :-\  Maybe give it a boston Red Sox sign a crutch and the Eagles Mascot as the graphic...   >:D

<---  Only one left.   :o
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:59:18 PM »
Well in week 11 is the Eagles turn to feel the wrath of the Pats. Bergeron ended up with a broken nose and a concussion boy was he lucky.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 07:10:09 AM »
You New Englanders do not know what to do with Philly teams!  The Flyers are not known as the Broad Street Bullies for nothing.  Rocky did not pick Phila as his home town for nothing.  The Pats are going to get hit hard when thy play us.  I hope they do not cry like the Bruins.
 >:D
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 01:10:10 AM »
You New Englanders do not know what to do with Philly teams!  The Flyer's are not known as the Broad Street Bullies for nothing.  Rocky did not pick Phila as his home town for nothing.  The Pats are going to get hit hard when thy play us.  I hope they do not cry like the Bruins.
 >:D
Look we had the Big Bad Bruins it was to bad that management of the Bruins screwed up the team. Also do you really believe that the Eagles are going to show up for that game do ya do you think the 3-4 Eagles are better than the 4-3 Red Skins. Oh let me answer that NO your team plays the Red Skins on Nov 11 if you beat them you may have a shot. I think the Steelers have a better shot than the Eagles.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 07:09:59 AM »
Come one the Flyers always beat up the Bruins.  :o

The Eagles are coming to town and McNabb will be over his injury.  It takes a year to re-coup from that injury.  November is the month he will be fully healed...  The Eagles have to win 100% of their remaining games to get a chance at the playoffs.  Could there be a UPSET??   :-[

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 06:54:52 PM »
Eagles not only have to win the rest of their games Dallas would have to lose the rest of theirs and thats not happening. As for the Flyer's I remember when if they couldn't win the game they would start all kinds of fights but I think if you go back to when the Flyer's expansion season till now you will find that Philly and Boston are close with the wins and losses   
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

vantage08

• Slot Car
  • Mmm..boost.
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 08:27:13 AM »
What is up with the Flyer's they already had two players out on league suspensions for rule violations and yesterday afternoon I watched the most cowardly hit in hockey the hit from behind. Here is a link to read [url][http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=341397/url].
I refereed hockey for 22 years from youth to college and this was the hit that all the leagues strictly enforced and there should be nor gray area on this hit.

Ok..first off..it was not a cowardly hit because it was not a dirty hit..illegal yes..but not dirty.  ::) It had 0 intent to injure..and if it didn't injure him..there would be no suspension and you know that.  jones didn't have any time to stop after patrice got himself in that low, self inflicting position! Those other two players deserved to get suspended. the hit on Mchammond would not of been a suspension if he was not hurt thats just factual.  Mats Sundin was tripped into the boards last year head first and seperated his shoulder...NO suspension? why? Because it's a trip? Its the same concept..if your going to F*ck over Jones..you better F*ck over everybdoy else. Maybe it's becasue JOnes isn't a superstar? He would probably get less games than he got if he was Jagr or Lidstrom.  But I don't disagree with Jones getting suspended..it looked like a horrible hit. Boulerice and G..i forget his name..anyway THEY deserved the suspensions! That was insane what they did and it shouldn't reflect on the rest of the team to be called a bunch of goons bc their not goony players..they play tough, physical, fast hockey. People get hurt. That's the game I played.
Brent
1988 Ford Thunderbird-SOLD =:(
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP- COMP G =:)

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 10:01:21 PM »
I'm glad someone else beside :miller: replied to this I agree with you Jones really didn't think he was going to hurt him and he is not noted to play that type of hockey. He has class he accepted his punishment. Look we can debate this for hours and I have. Every year the leagues and organization I officiated conducted mandatory seminars to point out what they wanted emphasized though out the season. Hit from behind is the most dangerous next to a high stick I've seen player wheeled off the ice due to those hits I also know of two player that are now in wheel chairs. 
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.