birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Help for a Supercoupe in York PA! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!  (Read 1395 times)

Bacondoggy

• Match Box
Help for a Supercoupe in York PA! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
« on: January 05, 2008, 05:00:38 AM »
I have a 1991 Thunderbird Supercoupe (less then 70k orig. miles). It was totally rebuilt. I know about sccoa and tccoa, but there apparently s no one in this area. Long story short, I bought this SC (my second one) and had it for at least 4-5 years. the car had lower crank bearings in the bottom AND top (the oil couldn't get through the holes to the arm and pistons). I bought it this way (part of a piston was in the oil pan) You could still see the hone marks on the cylinder walls (bored +.030 over). We took the engine apart and rebuilt it from scratch (had the rods checked new pistons, rings, all bearings mounts, etc.). My dad and grandpa were VERY thorough to the point it annoyed me. Upon starting it, the car is missing VERY badly, at low RPM's. I replaced the IAC (new from ford - $120), I have 3 or 4 MAFS, Also 3 or 4 throttle bodies, along with TPS sensors. No Boost/Vac lak ... at least that I know, when it is idling, it is below the "ING-HNG" or whatever - (sorry I haven't started it in a LONG TIME - at least below -15/20lbs whatever is below "9 'oclock"). I am SO confused. Checked the fuel pressure at the rails, changed the fuel filter also.... I don't mind paying someone if they could help me out... I am just SO frustrated I don't know what to do...

PLEASE HELP ME!!! Lol

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Re: Help for a Supercoupe in York PA! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:02:05 AM »
Bacondoggy the guys you want to talk to is :moe: :curley: or FastFreddie both are Supercoupe owners and KevSha is the resident Ford mechanic. Do not get discoraged it can be fixed there may be something small which is being over looked.
So your in York PA I get down there three times during the year and I've been coming down for the last 26 years. Look the next time I come down is in March 26 I'll gladly try to help you out if you still need it.
:shemp:
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 02:59:22 PM »
:curley: is currently on the highway.  He went down south to buy a 40th Anny 4.6L T-Bird. This is more his expertise so I called him and read the post to him.    I caught him on the highway...  He will try to stop bye tomorrow...  He says to check the following in order:

Quote from: FASTFREDDIE
IF YOU HAVE NO BOOST:
THIS IS BAD AND THIS MUST BE CORRECT FIRST.  YOU HAVE A VACUUM LEAK.  CHECK THE PLUG AT THE BACK OF THE ENGINE WHERE THE VACUUM BOOST GAUGE GOES IT IS LOCATED NEAR WHERE THE INTAKE MANIFOLD AND LOWER IC TUBE CONNECT ON THE BACK OF THE ENGINE JUST BELOW THE BLOWER.  IT IS A SMALL RUBBER GROMET WITH A THIN BLACK HOES 1/8" IN SIZE.  MAKE SURE IT IS INSTALLED.   8) ;D ;D >:(

CHECK FIRING ORDER OF SC AT COIL PACK  :P ???

IS THE CAM SENDER (LOCATED WHERE THE DISTRIBUTOR WOULD BE ON A REGULAR 3.8L) INSTALLED 180 DEGREES BACKWARDS?  >:( ;) :)

DIS IS BAD   :-[ 8) :o

The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

jefftatro

• Catch Can Man
  • Match Box
    • Pro-Auto
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:07:58 PM »
What is the compression for each cylinder? new heads? new valves?

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 01:43:10 AM »
Depend on the mileage on the lower end (rotating assembly) you should have at least minimum of a 101 psi but it is more important to have a consistant pressures across all the cylinders.

The indicated compression pressures are considered within specification if the lowest reading cylinder is within 75 percent of the highest reading. Refer to the Compression Pressure Limit Chart.

If one or more cylinders reads low, squirt approximately one tablespoon of clean engine oil meeting Ford specification ESE-M2C153-E on top of the pistons in the low-reading cylinders. Repeat the compression pressure check on these cylinders.
I can not copy the chart for you at the moment I will have to do this at home since I can not do it at this PC

« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 02:08:27 AM by rjstat »
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.