birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: NEW INVENTION!!!  (Read 1823 times)

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
NEW INVENTION!!!
« on: December 08, 2006, 07:57:39 AM »
Well, as I have said before my rt. knee is giving me problems; it will not bend all the way, making it virtually impossible to get down on the floor , much less under the car, and back up again. >:( :( Actually the getting up is a real task for someone my size , or J. :moe: 's, never mind the knee probs. :o..... Yesterday I had a compulsive urge to get under Big Bird, and work on the O2 sensors myself instead of farming it out to someone with a lift. Face it, I am cheap, and theres always the satisfaction of having done it yourself. I just decided to do it, then the question was how? One leg squats usually ended up with bruises as the stunt always seemed to fail. also getting up would be one heck of a strain, crawling up a footstool with arm power alone.Hmmmm?? As I was getting the floor jacks into position, the thought struck me. Floor jack ? why not? I raised it to full 18 inch lift height, slipped an old pillow on the saddle, and had my wife lower me to the floor where I slipped off.

When I was done, the pillow on the saddle, and she scooped me off the floor!  (Well lt was a bit more complicated than just scooping me up, but that got me thinking...)  What If a kinda scoop shovel like blade was put on the front of the jack? Might be just the ticket for picking old people off the floor, when they cant get up? Don't laugh this is a common affliction, and a much older spouse doesn't even have the strength to help, thus resulting in many 911 calls in my ageing community! A little tinkering, and someone could patent a saleable device. You heard it here first folks! ::) :o 8)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 01:41:05 PM by Jake »
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Re: NEW INVENTION!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:08:41 AM »
:jake: that is a classic I :ralph: fit into the same category as J.:miller: and :jake: but at least the knees haven't given out yet. Someone need to devise a creeper that has a scissors lift that raise to 18 inches and collapses to 4 inches so you sit down lay back push a button and down you go and reverse it when done. The only problem with this would be pushing the button to raise the creeper while you are under the vehicle impaling you to the chassis of the car. That would not be a very good out come :pyth:
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 03:50:35 PM »
WELCOME TO THE KNEE CLUB >:(  HAD A SCRAPE JOB DONE ON MINE :'( GIVES ME PROBLEM EVER SINCE  :o SORRY BUT THAT,S JUST THE WAY IT GOES :-\
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 04:16:56 PM »
Its bad enough when you have to put the jack stands all the way up just to get under the car with a creeper that when you try to get off that creeper you look like a floundering whale cause our knees don't work. My son who is not a light weight himself loves it if I don't use a creeper he Say's instead of a whale I look like a walrus dragging my :censor: out from under the car.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 06:30:34 PM »
ahhh...  Talk about bad knees you gotta see Fat... err...  Fast :freddie: in action...  I met both of you can I can say that rj :ralph: is slightly bigger than LJ :jake:...  Both of you tubbies need an engine lift to get out of a chair...   :box:

The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 08:22:43 PM »
ahhh...  Talk about bad knees you gotta see Fat... err...  Fast :curley: in action...  I met both of you can I can say that rj :shemp: is slightly bigger than LJ :larry:...  Both of you tubbies need an engine lift to get out of a chair...   :box:

J.:miller: you should not throw stones at glass houses :jake: Fast :freddie: and :ralph: are weight challenged your just the litest one of our group. An engine hoist?
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 09:04:36 AM »

[/quote]
J.:moe: you should not throw stones at glass houses :larry: Fast :curley: and :shemp: are weight challenged your just the litest one of our group. An engine hoist?
[/quote]
The lightest one?? :o I doubt that. 8)Fast :freddie: looks a bit on the depleted side tho'. As for the engine hoist? Hmmmm?? A smaller version with a bos'n chair instead of a hook? ..... Just might work too!! Gotta think on that, may buy a used one, cut her down , rig it, Hmmmm? 8) ::)
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 09:14:43 AM »

I think a bos'n chair would swing around to much I'm glad I never had to cross ship to ship on one of them it was scary watching them just rigging it out.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 12:02:18 PM »
What's that under my foot?
 :doo:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 12:11:01 PM »
 It's  :poop: WOW I didn't realize that there are so many web sites for the dancing baby.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »

I think a bos'n chair would swing around to much I'm glad I never had to cross ship to ship on one of them it was scary watching them just rigging it out.

Just to be correct; Ship to ship transfers were almost exclusively done with a "breeches buoy", a ring buoy with a harness, and a pair of breeches you stuck your legs in.  ;D Bos'n chairs are used for work in rigging , or over the side. ::)
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 11:49:18 PM »

Just to be correct; Ship to ship transfers were almost exclusively done with a "breeches buoy", a ring buoy with a harness, and a pair of breeches you stuck your legs in.  ;D Bos'n chairs are used for work in rigging , or over the side. ::)
correct :jake: I could not remember the name of the riggin bos'n chair when the squids chipped paint what do you what from an old jar head thats been out for 20 years. I was to busy fixing jet and helicopters and tring to get off the ship.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 10:21:53 AM »
Well, I got off my last steamboat in '98, the S.S. Mayaguez, a 701 ft Lancer class containership, owned by Naverias De Puerto Rico, which means , I guess, I was in the Puerto Rican Navy? I still remember it all vividly, but I 'yam' trying to forget before altzhiemer's  :o catches up with me :-X
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!