birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Pennsylvania Classic tags  (Read 6895 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Pennsylvania Classic tags
« on: December 16, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »
Looking at classic tags for the SC.  Found this link:  http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-ant.pdf

Classic Motor Vehicle- Amotor vehicle, but not a reproduction thereof, manufactured at least 15 years prior to the current year which has been maintained in or restored toa condition which is substantially in conformity with manufacturer  specifications and appearance. Any classic motor vehicle registered under Section 1340 (relating to antique, classic and collectible plates) on the effective date of the amendment to this definition which fails to qualify as a classic motor vehicle pursuant to these provisions may retain such classic registration unless another type of registration is applied for and issued for the vehicle.

APPLICATION FOR ANTIQUE AND CLASSIC REGISTRATION PLATES
A. The following forms are necessary for the processing of antique and classic registration plates:
1. Certificate of Title (MV-4) and Vehicle Sales and Use Tax Return/Application for Registration (MV-4ST) or out-of-state title and Application for Certificate of Title (MV-1) are required to be submitted when the vehicle is being transferred to a new owner and the new owner is making application for an antique or classic plate.  When a vehicle is already properly titled in the owner’s name, and the owner is making application for an antique or classic plate, only the vehicle’s certificate of title (MV-4) is required to be submitted along with the MV-11 application and photographs. NOTE: If the proof of ownership is a Pennsylvania Certificate of Salvage (MV-5) or out-of-state certificate of salvage, Form MV-426B must be completed.
February 2003                                 - over -   
Bureau ofMotor Vehicles - Research and Support Operations Section
P.O. Box 68031, Harrisburg, PA17106-8031
Visit us through the PAPowerPort at www.state.pa.us    Keyword:  DMV
2. Form MV-11, Application for Antique or Classic Registration Plate.
3. The appropriate sales tax, title/registration fees and four clearly distinguishable color photographs of the vehicle (front, rear, and both sides). 
Make check or money order payable to the “Commonwealth of Pennsylvania” and mail all forms and fees to the
Department at the address on the form.  Department forms are available at most motor vehicle dealerships, messenger services and notary public offices.

Here is the application form MV-11.
 :D

:freddie: can you fill us in on the required condition of the car, how much and where to get insurance?   ;)
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most don’t think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
Re: Pennsylvania Classic tags
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »
GO TO http://www.americanhobbyist.com/  O0 THAT'S WHO I'M   ::) WITH ALSO MENTON THAT YOU ARE IN A CAR CLUB  ;D  SEND PIC,S OF TROPHIES  :D  NEED 4 PIC'S OF CAR ALL POSITONS DON'T OVER INSURE  :'(  AROUND 10,00.00 IS GOOD  8)  EXPLAIN THAT IT IS A RARE 35 ANNY GET SPEC'S FROM THE 35 ANNY SITE  :) 

edited: J.:miller: reason wrong link 12/20/08
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 09:55:04 AM »
Bad link...  Here is the correct one:  http://www.americanhobbyist.com/   O0
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 09:56:14 AM »
So what are the benefits of classic tags?  Do you have to go though emissions?   :o

FASTFREDDIE

• Nascar
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 02:48:48 PM »
NO MORE  ;D BUT YOUR MILEAGE MAY BE LIMITED TO 5000 A YEAR   O0 NO MORE TAG RENEWAL, GOOD FOR LIFE O0 CAN USE CAR FOR ALL TYPE CAR FUCTIONS, ONE DAY A WEEK FOR PLEASURE USE  8)GOOD FOR ALL MEETS SHOWS  ::) DRIVING TO AND STAYING ANYWHERE IN ALL STATES  ;D NOT AS A DAILY DRIVER MOST HAVE SOME DOWN TIME  :'(  NOT 24/7 UNLESS YOU CAN PLAN THAT MANY EVENTS TO GO TO ::)
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 12:19:02 PM »
WOW!  I went to the American Hobbyist website.  You do not need to have classic tags to get this insurance.  They will insure the Kitty.  Check it out:

American Hobbyist is willing to consider all makes/models and model years, including new, limited-production vehicles, modified/custom vehicles and vehicles in the process of restoration.

To qualify for our collector program, your vehicle must be:

Garaged when not in use.
Driven on a limited basis (see below).
Unlike some of our competitors, American Hobbyist allows you to enjoy driving your collector vehicle without worrying about strict mileage limitations*. As long as you use your regular car(s) for everyday driving and your collector vehicle on a limited basis (e.g., pleasure rides, hobby activities, exhibitions, etc.), you will be well-protected by American Hobbyist.

Oh yea!!!   :D

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 07:12:59 AM »
A little update.  My tags came i yesterday for the 90 35th Anniversary Thunderbird SC.  Believe it or not I sent the pictures I took last summer.  Pictures are here:naww:

Now I have the tags it is time to save money on insurance.   :afto2:

FASTFREDDIE

• Nascar
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »
GET AT LEAST 11500 FOR INSURANCE AS THE CARS ARE A LIMITED AMOUNT GET # FOR THE 35TH SITE  8)
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
  • 86 midnight wine metalic clearcoat
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 11:58:24 PM »
I have my 86 cougar insured through Grundy with regular plates but I am getting classic plates before summer.
to many toys not enough time

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 07:16:36 AM »
I asked them do I need to provide pictures of trophies for the SC and they said no because it's age and classic plates.  But they want pictures and all the awards won for the newer Cougar.  :-[

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 07:17:58 PM »
I installed the classic tags on the SC today...  Here is what it looks like on my 35th Anny SC.

Yea yea...  She needs a bath!  :-[