It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: BARBEQUE!!  (Read 1289 times)

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
BARBEQUE!!
« on: December 10, 2006, 01:59:51 PM »
We all like Barbeque, right? well maybe not all BBQ's , some great , some good some I would rather forget.
Anyhow, on the interstate, about midway between Dallas and Houston, on the west side of the road , theres a great BBQ , Run by a couple old ladies, originally. I cannot for the life of me remember the name, but it was featured a couple times on national TV. Anyhow , its a big place, you cant miss it, and you will not regret it. The sliced meat is kept hot in the sauce, so it really is soaked in , beef , pork, turkey..... I don't remember whether they had ribs? Thing is, it was cooked soooo tender, lean to begin with, and the sauce, well the best I had ever tasted. Maybe someone will tell me the name?
 There are chains like Sonny's, which are ok, I guess, but don't really turn me on, with one exception. That's Smokey Bones. Best baby back ribs ever. Forget Chillis, and everyone else's! Smokey Bones has the best! I love both the sweet and the mustard BBQ sauce they provide as well as the sides which are well prepared , tasty and a decent variety. I highly recommend them . Though a chain, they got it right the first time, and thru' very strict training and control , seem to have kept it consistent through out its branches. The booze isn't cheap, so have their lemonade if you need to pinch pennies. Heck, nothing there is cheap, but you'll find it was worth it once you leave with a full stomach . Last time I bought a quart of their sauce to take home, as well, to enhance some of my culinary endeavors. I give them 5 stars. Look for a location near you ..... they're expanding so it wont be long.
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: BARBEQUE!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 09:48:20 PM »
Geeze...  I am hungry now!  :(
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 11:40:33 PM »
I agree Smokey Bones is good for ribs and steak I go to the one at York PA and never had a bad meal but in MA Barbeque is not big and not a lot of places to go and get good barbeque but Texas Roadhouse is as good as Smokey Bones but the best I have had since I was stationed in Millington TN is the Tennessee's Real BBQ the best pulled pork around it's so good that my wife (who doesn't care for BBQ) will not go with me if she knows I am with in 10 miles of the place cause I'm there its pretty bad when you live 40 min away and the hole staff knows you on a first name bases.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 06:31:12 PM »
Well :ralph: was at Tennessee's Real BBQ yesterday and again they did not let me down after running around all day I found myself down the road from my favorite BBQ so I stopped in. I didn't even have to say anything the girl at the counter she asked me if I was getting my usual the pulled pork and BBQ chicken combo of course I said yes and there was so much food I couldn't finish my meal so I had them wrap the left overs and got a quart container of pulled pork to go went home with a smile on my face. My wife seen the bag of food and said I guess I don't have to cook.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »
You were in Tennessee???   :P :P :P
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 04:42:53 PM »
You were in Tennessee???   :P :P :P
No it's a small chaim. in MA
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.