+ Ford is selling Jaguar to Tata  

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Ford is selling Jaguar to Tata  (Read 633 times)

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Ford is selling Jaguar to Tata
« on: February 27, 2008, 07:17:42 AM »
India's Tata Motors emerged as the preferred bidder for Ford's Jaguar and Land Rover brands, but it looks as though Tata prefers one luxury marque over the other. A new report finds that Tata will likely sell off the Jaguar brand as soon as it acquires it from Ford.

The Land Rover brand has far more support from Tata, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Land Rover's production will stay entirely ó if at all ó in the UK. The same source also told Inside Line that company head Ratan Tata has purchased a 450-acre plot of land outside New Delhi where he plans to build a Land Rover production facility.

Nice cheap Indian labor should make that SUV affordable.  Could we see the made in China label go over to Made in India?   :wacko:

ref
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

thunderbirdlver

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
  • uncle jesse
Re: Ford is selling Jaguar to Tata
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 09:38:46 AM »
i remember hearing about them getting rid of Aston Martin last year.  this can't be good.  i didn't know they had their hands in land rover.
2003 mercury grand marquis ls

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 04:20:10 PM »
i remember hearing about them getting rid of Aston Martin last year.  this can't be good.  i didn't know they had their hands in land rover.
I have to agree I did read that to. Altough they did not say who was buying those divisions but I'm sure Ford took any technology they could benefit from Jaguar and Land Rover.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:22:51 AM »
Ooooo   yeeeea!  Sucked them dry! 
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM