It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Drive by Wire  (Read 900 times)

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Drive by Wire
« on: March 11, 2008, 02:30:35 PM »
I was driving around in my 05 Expedition and all of a sudden it stalled I got a warning to check throttle positioning sensor I drove for a while and nothing happen until last week it was stalling more frequently an this time while I was driving 50 mph this was getting scary and taken longer to restart each time. So I researched it electronic throttle body and accelerator no throttle cable. I took it to the dealer what a racket they charged me a $100.00 for diagnostic which I had already gave them the code $36.00 for labor and $90.50 for the part. I could of done it myself but because it uses the EEC and other componets I decided to let the experts do their jobs.
Lets see it the potentiometer  that is on the throttle body was the problem.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

KevSha

• Slot Car
Re: Drive by Wire
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 04:26:59 PM »
thats very unlucky... there are 3 redudant potentiometer cuircuts in the unit and in the peadal... the early ford DBW motors though were problematic.... newer ones are more reliable
96 Thunderbird LX 3.8
new head gaskets
daily driver

1990 Thunderbird Soupercoupe
103k miles
black on black

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 11:27:36 AM »
Bummer dude!   :help:

You missed out on the fun at ProAuto.  You would have loved it...  We had a great time finishing up the kitty.  Now all I need is a tune and the car is done!   :bow1:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 02:24:22 PM »
The car is never done one thing always leads into another. But you now can work on the 35th. I was pissed I missed you at Pro Auto but I was even more ticked off when I had to part with the money for the repair. Now I have to wait for the claim check to arrive (third party warranty) it was a deal promo when I got the car now the dealer has sold out and the new dealer don't accept any third party warrenties.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.