birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Linked Events

• Wilkes Barre lunch-cruise: July 20, 2008

Author Topic: Part 2 of the bi-annual Wilkes Barre lunch-cruise  (Read 3371 times)

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
  • 86 midnight wine metalic clearcoat
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 09:42:45 PM by J.Miller »
to many toys not enough time

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Part 2 of the bi-annual Wilkes Barre lunch-cruise
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 05:21:17 AM »
Everything went well.  Pictures to follow.

Poor poor Freddies Car could not keep with with the Cougar on a big hill and it's 4" thick radiator and cross drilled disk brakes in 90+ degree weather.  :-[
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 10:19:26 PM »
Pictures are up the the Gallery:first:

and the Winners!

The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 01:09:20 PM »
The only downfall to the cruise was the unexpected heat, one of the cars with outside temp. gauge read 116 deg :hide: Weather people called for mild temps. with chance of rain. Nice to see :miller: and :freddie: come up and represent the ECRT  :afto2: and provide the nice cruise magnets. 

The Longest distance award should have gone to Jerry M. who again traveled up from North Carolina  in his Gray lsc se Mark 7:bow1: but didn't think it was fair take another trophy. So it went to :moe: Dancy who drove from outside Philly. just edging out Freedie.

The Back Road Classics Car Club took the club participation award congrats guys :clap:   

Schmodie

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
  • Sally's Ride '06 Chevy HHR 1LT
    • Dave's Cruise Page
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 01:03:41 AM »
Hot, Hot, DARN HOT! Yes it was, but us die-hards hung in there and as usual, made the best of it!
A fine job ya did Jeff, and was good to see the Folks I had just met at the last Cruise and to meet a couple of new 1's .
Good pics you've posted Mr :miller:, and here is a link to a couple more that I managed to get! http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/Schmodie_Photos/The%2008%20Season/Cruises/Red%20Robin%202/

Also I dont know if anyone but Jeff knew or not, but I helped a friend put together a 20 Mile Parade / Cruise  Fundraiser, for a local 4 yr old boy with cancer. We had a great time and we left our starting point ( with Jeff in tow) with 228 cars, aprox 35 Bikes & 12 Trailerless Tractors. We Arrived 20 miles later at Johnny Rockets on Montage Mountain, after pickin up a few along the way, who joined in transit because of the heat, with a Whopping 550 + !!
 I think we did good !! lol

Here are 3 links to the albums that are together so far, with more to come hopefully!
 I will be adding a Feature page on my site soon!
 Carbondale  ( Start)
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/Schmodie_Photos/Mid%20Valley%20Cruise/Carbondale/

Parade ( Hard to take pics when your driving! Wife took a few out the sunroof! More to come here & Video also!)
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/Schmodie_Photos/Mid%20Valley%20Cruise/Parade/

Montage Mountain  ( The Nuthouse Party when we landed! )
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/Schmodie_Photos/Mid%20Valley%20Cruise/Montage/

So check out the Pics and check back at my website , hopefully people will get me the Videos and more pics soon!

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 08:14:59 PM »
Cool.   8)

Is this a Willies?

Sweet!   :-*

Schmodie

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
  • Sally's Ride '06 Chevy HHR 1LT
    • Dave's Cruise Page
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 10:29:43 PM »
Not real sure, but it quite possibly could be. He's done some extensive Shavin & Sculptin on Dere!!   :D

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 04:50:36 PM »
To me it kind of looks like a 50's Plymouth.