birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: WOW EVERYONE IS PUTTING DOWN THE JACKSON OUTLETS CRUISES BIG TIME  (Read 1165 times)

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
 >:( GOT 12 PM'S TRASHING THEM BIG TIME  :embr: I GUESS WITH THE PRICE OF GAS :'(  THAT WHEN YOU GET PASSED OVER BECAUSE YOU DOIN'T HAVE YOUR CAR CLUB GUYS VOTING FOR YOU  8) YOU SHOULD GET TICKED :flex: I FACT AT THE FORD SHOW SAM HAS A 66 MERC CYCLONE STOCK HAS 4 AACA EMBLEMS ON IT FOR EACK LEVEL :king:  AS GOTTEN TO NATIONAL ::) THEN GETS  :Third: AND GET BEATEN BY A CAR WITH THE TRUNK CLOSED  GETS  :first: GUESS IT WAS A FILL IN JUDGE :afit:  HE LEFT HIS TROPHY THERE >:(  BTW HE GOT FIRST ON SAT WITH JEFF O0  HE " SAM " TOLD ME IT'S TRAILERED TO ALL SHOWS   ;) PARKS 2 BLOCKS AWAY THEN DRIVES IN...I :pilot:  COULDN'T BELIEVE IT WAS A DAILY DRIVER   :-\ NOW HE TOLD ME THE TRUTH ;D HE HAD THE "FOUSE' STANG AT ENGLISH TOWN :doh:
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
  • 86 midnight wine metalic clearcoat
Re: WOW EVERYONE IS PUTTING DOWN THE JACKSON OUTLETS CRUISES BIG TIME
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 05:06:40 PM »
HA ha ha welcome to my world almost every show I go to is the same around here the one with the most friends or club members wins. Other than not winning a little gold plated plastic trophy did you have a good time, meet new people, and enjoy the day if so in my opinion you won. It isn't right that the best car didn't win but it is what it is just go out show off the cars, get some respect, have fun and promote the club. In other words be seen and make friends soon enough they will be voting for your car. :afto2:
to many toys not enough time

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 06:44:38 PM »
Judging sounds more like a car show than a cruise.  Once again I think :freddie: mixed up his words.  Oh no!  I looked it up!  He is correct...  That is the problem with giving out trophies people want them.  A cruise really does not need trophies.  That is why when we run a show, oh geeze next year would be our sixth one, we judge.  It is fair to the best of our ability.

But a cruise is another matter...  It is a glorified meet to attract people and have fun.  Kinda like a half car show without all the pressure and organization.

Do not fret, Doc, you are only on your second one...  :wish:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
  • 86 midnight wine metalic clearcoat
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 10:57:08 AM »
I don't understand how a cruise compares to a show ,a cruise doesn't give out placement awards. To avoid the bull and need to assure a staff to judge I stick to longest distance and club participation awards that I can prove without question. I might try it next year but most likely won't.

Doing fair actual Judging is best way to get your show recognition and bring out better quality cars.  :afto2: keep up the good work and keep promoting that fact  :clap:

I do well at judged shows but most are peer or spectator  judging and since my cat isn't a popular car I don't expect to win and never do but I do meet up with friends I only get to see occasionally and meet more and more people, promote the clubs I belong to, enjoy the day, and do some good helping out a Charity.  All I am saying is unless you have a popular car don't go expecting to win so if you do win it is a bonus but by all means do go, get noticed and have fun.
to many toys not enough time

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »
I dunno.  Jackson Outlets is a little out of my reach.  You can try it if you like and let us know your opinion....   :schh:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM