It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Saturdays Small show In Crystal River, FL  (Read 1079 times)

Jake

• Dirt Poor Hotrodder
  • Moonshiner
  • Street Racer
  • I did it my way
Saturdays Small show In Crystal River, FL
« on: December 16, 2006, 07:36:35 PM »
 ;)
I went to the Citrus County car show, a smaller more informal event in Crystal River, Fla, this evening. only about 25 cars there tonite. It sometimes runs as many as 70-80.....Will see that number after the 1st of the year , when the snow birds are here in full force. They usually trailer down their Trailer queens just to show... Dunno' why most of those guys dont even own a wrench, are just showing off somebody elses work... anyhow heres a few pics of todays stuff;

Thats a new street rod I havent seen before, and a older T-Bird with the plastic tonneau in the background

A typical scene......

Thats a particularly nice GN there.... the engine bay would make :miller: sick. A guy in his late sixties has it ...
I think he only drives it to shows and polishes it.

99% of these cars are only driven on sunny dayz to shows and have never seen a track, more's the pity. :o... I keep offering to go to the track with them , and driving it thru' the quarter mile for them , to see what their Babies will do, but nobody trusts me!!!  ::)
It was  79 degrees at 4:30 today, as you can see by the prevelance of shorts being worn.................... ^-^
'95 T-Bird 5.4L blower and sum stuff
13.6sec 1/4 mi, 300RW at 5250 RPM
GVW 4340 lbs, go figure!

http://www.soulcast.com/user/posts/70579       note; this is a new blogsite

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Re: Saturdays Small show In Crystal River, FL
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 10:40:41 AM »
Well :jake: I guess your the man to for the show during the winter even though it was 58 degrees in MA and have had some good weather most of the cruisers have put their cars up for the winter. 79 isn't that a little cool  :bgla:
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Saturdays Small show In Crystal River, FL
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 08:42:24 PM »
Too cold for me...  :) 8)
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM