It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Anyone watching fires near Yosemite national park?  (Read 871 times)

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
  • 86 midnight wine metalic clearcoat
Anyone watching fires near Yosemite national park?
« on: July 31, 2008, 09:38:22 AM »
Did anyone see the news coverage about the fires?  I was watching the news and they showed an area that the fire went through and there was a 67 - 68 Cougar sitting in the rubble :'(.
to many toys not enough time

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Re: Anyone watching fires near Yosemite national park?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:50:17 PM »
I caught that  :bby: It's to bad could you imagine how many classic cars must get destroyed in natural disasters. At one time I had a 68 Cougar XR7 a 68 Mustang FB and a 72 Challenger the Cougar and the Mustang where in the garage the 72 Challenger was out side during the blizzard of 78 a huge Oak tree fell over onto the 72 crushing it (there wasn't one straight panel) and hitting the garage doing damage to the garage but not to the cars (1 for 3) I was lucky could of lost all three if they where all out side.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:55:47 AM »
There has been a rash of fires around here in the last 2 yrs or so and every now and then you see a fire on tv with a classic car burned up in the garage or next to the house.
If I knew a natural disaster was coming the cars that move would be gone.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 01:45:05 PM »
I agree but when you and your wife have a daily driver each and getting the valuables from the house you may not have time to come back to get the classic car your wife may think other things are more important.
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 08:58:57 AM »
Then you married the wrong woman   >:D what can possably be more important  ;D

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »
Oh no!  That would be terrible.  Which vehicle to save the 1955 Ford truck or the Cougar?  Oh no the stress!!!!   :bby:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 01:03:11 PM »
Oh no!  That would be terrible.  Which vehicle to save the 1955 Ford truck or the Cougar?  Oh no the stress!!!!   :bby:
Save the Truck you can still buy 97 Cougars cheep. What do you expect for someone who does not drive.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 10:13:15 AM »
Use the truck to tow the Cougar and don't forget to throw all your tools in the back. :first:

FASTFREDDIE

• FAST FREDDIE A.K.A. THUNDERROAD
  • Nascar
  • I own 6 T-Birds! NEED 1 MORE HAVE 1 FOR EACH DAY
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 10:43:43 AM »
:miller:  :-[ YOU BETTER HAVE THAT TRUCK RUNNING :pilot:  BY THE END OF THIS MONTH  >:( AFTER ALL THE PREP I DID TO IT :D
LETS GO CRUISING!!!!