birth

It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: Not again  (Read 918 times)

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
Not again
« on: July 28, 2008, 12:31:04 AM »
 :doh: Well on Saturday morning at 1:10 AM I get a call. Its Tommy "Dad I just got in an accident its not bad scraped up the paint on the bumper and some of the hood I call the police and there on the way." I tell him get any info you can while waiting for the police and don't let him leave the scene. I went back to sleep (had to work at4:30 AM) of course mother was all excited and stayed up until he came home.
I wake to go to work he leaves me the police report and a accident report come to find out the kid that hit him was 18 years old and had put the car in park at the light thinking it was in neutral he put it in gear (reverse) Tommy see his backup lights come on he blows his horn and the car backup onto the Cougar. The State Police cited the kid for operating without license and was going to put him in jail till the owner of the vehicle cleared him from theft of the vehicle.
Here is some of the damages bumper and hood scuffed grille has a chip the header panel  is cracked at the support brackets head lights and corners are OK. I will no more this afternoon.   
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
Re: Not again
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 06:09:51 AM »
Oh no...  After the new engine is installed?
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

Nice to see that most donít think that anymore.
Bondfreak13 07/28/09 09:05 PM

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
  • 86 midnight wine metalic clearcoat
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 01:23:38 PM »
 :'( Your kid has almost the same kind of luck as I do except in my case the guy would have taken off. My red Mark VII got hit 7 times sitting in front of the girlfriends house first uninsured/unlicensed filled charges kid can't be found  :nono: no pay for damage rest all hit and runs. :afit:
to many toys not enough time

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 02:12:28 PM »
Oh no...  After the new engine is installed?

No, Tom and I decided we would first do the engine swap in the Mustang and sell the Mustang to get the money for 3.4 Whipple supercharger.  >:D
I told him if it wasn't for bad luck he wouldn't have no luck at all.
It doesn't look bad most of the damage was to the bumper. Tommy was smart when the kid didn't show him his license and registration he reached in and took his keys so he had to wait for the cops.  :law: Thats was ballsy of him to do that.  :shotgun:
Pictures will follow  :picture:
97 - 4.6L Alpine Green Cougar XR-7 w/ Fiber Concepts Hood, SPC cold air intake, 2.5 SLP Dual Exhaust, Eclipse CD4000 w/ Polk's speakers, Koni Shocks, 11/4" Addco sway bars, and Vogtland more to come.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 06:13:24 PM »
You can always put the engine in the Stang???   :hide:
The 5.4 swap has been called a bad idea, and considered an underpowered considerable waste of time, since 2007.

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »
If we put the motor in the stang its just another supercharged Mustang if I put it in the Cougar now I have a sleeper and I have done some research in cost and it's a wash the only thing is parts are readily available for the Mustang.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.

cougardoc

• Limited Edition
  • Slot Car
  • 86 midnight wine metalic clearcoat
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 09:55:18 AM »
Taking the keys smart move, most people wouldn't think of that, good for him.
to many toys not enough time

J dot Miller

• Show Car
  • Nascar
    • The Cougar Roar!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »
I bet if he did not take the keys the kid would have took off.   :naww:

rjstat

• Semper Fi
  • Drag Racer
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 02:34:41 PM »
It was quick thinking. I got the appraisal today there was $800.00 dollars of damage done to the cougar. They are replacing the header panel repairing and repainting the bumper and the hood. The also gave me a new corner light (which was broken before the accident). So with the insurance company doing all that I spent a $150.00 for a pair of after market head light assembly from headlightdepot.com I'm also having the the rear deck lid and spoiler repainted who nos if he gives me a good price I may have the whole car painted. I hope I can get it done before FFW up here I would like to take it since it is going to be the only show I'll be going to this summer.
08 Volvo XC90 loaded.